RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I read somewhere that it may help higher end power, but I'm rarely in the higher end... My shift point is around 6k rpms.

Any advantage to leaving them off?

:withs:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I replaced mine after a couple months. I didn't really notice any marked performance gains, but did experience some surging at lower speeds. Especially when starting off or slowing for stop signs. Once I replaced them, the bike was smooth again. At least that was my experience.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I've said it before, for the most part it's placebo.
Unless you're racing, it's not necessary, and will disrupt
your cold starting.
It's something to play around with when your at the dyno.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excuse me for misinterpreting "disrupt." Please explain what you meant, then.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
i've had them off for few years. no problems at all. I think there is slightly more bottom end not top end. buts thats my opinion. I also have a aftermarket exhaust if that makes a difference.

the real results would be a dyno test before and after the plates are removed.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'd love to do a dyno run, but right now it'd be useless. i want to actually do some work to it first.

·
Registered
85 Posts
after riding with them off for about 6 months, I put them back on and the bike and the bike felt smoother and better to me. I normally shift around 6k rpm also, and when i took off the plates the bike seemed to run rougher at lower rpm to me.

·
Registered
566 Posts
after riding with them off for about 6 months, I put them back on and the bike and the bike felt smoother and better to me. I normally shift around 6k rpm also, and when i took off the plates the bike seemed to run rougher at lower rpm to me.
That's exactly what I felt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts