RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had Crack my oil pan right where the drain plug threads and more. I put jb weld on it and it seems to hold. Well I was installing my LEDs and wash wiping the bike down when I noticed it felt oily on the oil pain. It's really hard to say if it's leaking cause its super super minimal. My question though is: will a 2012 versys oil pan fit on my 2012 ninja 650? I hate the fact the drain plug comes off the side rather than straight down. Plus I can get a versys for cheaper but money isn't an issue. Thanks

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
The only way to know for sure is to compare the two side by side. That said...there is probably a 90% or better chance that the pan will interchange. Check the parts diagram on Kawasaki's website to see of the cases or the pan gaskets interchange. If they do, then obviously the pans will almost certainly interchange as well. Good luck with your mod!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Odd, the 2012 Versys 650 and 2012 Ninja 650 ER6 do share the same oil pan gasket (p/n 11060-0167). Their oil pans are different though. So, yes, you could use the Versys' oil pain as replacement. BUT your exhaust will probably block the pointing-down drain plug. Oh well, while you're at it, replace the exhaust with a Yoshi or Delke... ugh ... the noisy one that Ozninjaguy is using! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i actually just took off the stock exhaust a few months ago. i bought used 09-11 headers on ebay for like 50 bucks then bought a delkevic slip-on and boy does it sound good haha loud but good. has a deep rumble like a harley just not as loud. yea ill have to check tomorrow if it fits or not. ill keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts