RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
McRider, you just save me again!! All the part numbers in one place!! Mine just started leaking, well I just found out it's leaking that is. Judging by the amount of oil and road grime I found on the lower fairings, it appears to have been leaking for a while. Looks like it's time to order some parts.

Oh and by the way, the custom seat you sold me last summer has been a life saver!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Ninja 650 with less than 1000 mi on it. There is a small amount of oil leaking from my water pump weep hole. After pulling things apart, I can see that the water pump impeller shaft is slightly pitted and rusty where the oil seal makes contact. This probably chewed the oil seal and is causing my leak. Is there any way to fix this other than opening the engine and replacing the shaft? I've read some people have tried sanding the rust down with emery cloth, starting with 320 grit and working up to 600 grit. Seems like it would still leak if there is pitting on the shaft. One person mention filling the pits with epoxy, then sanding down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Apologies for the thread revive, I seem to be suffering from this issue, oil seeping out the weep hole. I am yet to open up the housing to see and replace seals I just want to clarify with owners who opened up and found rust and pitting on the shaft. What was the plan of action? Did you leave it, sand it or use some sort of metal polish to clean the shaft? Basically, what did you do before sliding on the new mechanical seal?

Mine is a 2016 registered ER6n with 12000km's on the clock.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts