RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much are you saving? $2.2345 per 3000 miles? That's one item I only use OEM. It's nearly impossible to determine oil pressure through it and out of it. I ALWAYS install oil filters from my local motorcycle dealer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really a cost issue. Do you think the OEM manufacturer actually makes their oil filters, I doubt it. They probably have the same company making them as walmart, fram, bosch , champion...etc.

Besides, I've used these filters for the past 12 years without a single issue. Some argue they actually provide better filtration.

All I know is they work for me, and readily available, haven't had a single issue, and have read that many others have the same results as I.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was using the SuperTech 7317 on my ER-6n and it worked great. It was a little longer than stock but fit nicely and was still far enough away from the exhaust. At a glance, the Z's filter looks about the same size. I have a couple 7317's in the garage... I'll see if one fits when I do my first oil change, but that isn't likely for a while.

Edit: A good way to find out is to call the dealer and look up the filter for the Z1000 and the ER-6n/Ninja 650R and see if they're the same. I might do that tonight since I have to swing by there.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use k&n filters and they list the same part # for the Z1000, zx10r, versys, vulcan, etc. So should be the same for other brands too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Perfect! That tells me what I had suspected. Excellent. Since the Versys and the ER-6n/Ninja 650R use the same motor, more than likely they all use the same filter too.

Rob

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, and the supertech filters made by champion sold through walmart the st7317 and st6607 are around $3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts