RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey all,

I know im new here and I will get to the intro when I get a chance but right now its down to business. Can some one with a stock ZR7 and stock ZR7 headlight please take some detailed pictures of the mount (back side of the bucket, bracket, etc) and all thats entailed with the mount. The reason that im asking is I have just purchased a 2000 Z and it has an aftermarket headlight that I personally think is hideous.

One thing that I dont like about it is that its attached to the frame and not the forks, (I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be or not but Im guessing that its not.) so when the forks are turned the light stays pointing straight, kinda a pain when I'm trying to turn. The other reason that I dont like it is to me it looks like something out of a Transformer movie. So until I can either save up enough to get back to stock or find one for cheap, im kinda stuck with this one. So i was looking around the forks and what not tonight as Im in the process of painting the headlight black (hopefully it will look better to me) and I noticed http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2000-kawasaki-motorcycle-zr-7-zr750f2-us/o/m4667 part number 11051A or bracket as its called on the parts list. Can I take the mounts that I have for the current headlight and use the bolts in question in this diagram and mount the headlight to the bracket?

Sorry for the long post but im trying to make the best out of what I have right now.

Isaac

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
I think the bolt in question is for the brake line splitter . I'm not sure if that area is suitable to be the sole mounting place for a headlamp. Have you tried ebay for parts?

I cant post pics because I no longer have a ZR.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the bolt in question is for the brake line splitter . I'm not sure if that area is suitable to be the sole mounting place for a headlamp. Have you tried ebay for parts?

I cant post pics because I no longer have a ZR.
Yeah Ive tried ebay, and no luck. The only ones that I can find are aftermarket and then they look like the one that I have currently.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
a bug-eyed option

Sorry, but I could not stop laughing when I saw that aftermarket light; it is indeed hideous. You know, there is an aftermarket dual headlight for the ZR-7 that provides what is sometimes referred to as the bug-eyed look. See image in this link:

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?p=577967

Personally, I think it's a pretty descent aftermarket option. It might be easier to find one of those setups that to return to stock? Just a thought...

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are a new listing, i not sure on the whole dual headlight look just yet. I would still have to get some sort of bracket. I havent decided if I want to get the stock bracket or a fork mount. And those lights def didnt come from any of those bikes that are listed.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i kinda did my own ghetto dual light set up. I went to wally world and got some cheap driving light and ghetto rigged them up tonight. It was the the last straw when I almost got side swiped by a truck because he couldn't see me or my pathetic headlight. So this will have to do until i figure out which way im gonna go and then save up the extra money. I will post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, man, that's not good at all. I didn't know your light was dangerously dim. I hope your new rig works better. By the way, you might consider going to the "ZR-7 For Sale/Trade" and post a "Want to Buy" listing for a spare headlight. It may be that someone on the forum has one and would be willing to part with it for cheap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So as promised here are some pics, it took a little bit longer and little bit more thinking, but I have some solid mounts that should hold me over till I have the extra money for either stock or something similar.

click-able pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts