RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what would be considered a mod that wouldn't void the factory warranty? I know that getting into something like aftermarket exhaust, Power Commander, engine/driveline mods would most likely void it, but what about something like an aftermarket fender eliminator, rear stand spools, or something like that (i.e. cosmetic over engine/performance)? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
it is simple as this, you can do anything you want to a bike as long as it does not cause the problem. If you put on a fender elim and somehow cut or screw up a wire and fries the computer... it is on you. If you put a full exhaust on Pc and it is down correct but start burning oil what will happen is the TEch will tear it apart. IF they find that what you did cause the issue YOU are out the 1500- 2000 to put it back together BUT if it was an issue NOT caused by the exhaust the dime is on them. So much has to do with your dealer and how much they are willing to work with you. I can not stress enough to build a relationship WITH YOUR DEALER. I have to star over because my dealer folded in the economy down turn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts