RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding in commute traffic I lose my clutch.... It started happening a week ago... After shutting off bike for awhile
pressure returns....

·
Registered
12 Posts
After riding in commute traffic I lose my clutch.... It started happening a week ago... After shutting off bike for awhile
pressure returns....
When you say I loose my clutch, do you mean you pull on the clutch but it stays engaged or do you mean when you go to pull out from a stop sign or traffic light it just wants to slip and not make the bike pull out?

If you mean the clutch wont disengage,. do you mean there is no pressure coming from the master cylinder and clutch leaver? That is, does the clutch leaver just pull in to the grip with no resistance? If so I would check the master cylinder fluid level to make sure it is not low and maybe bleed the clutch line.

If the second scenario of the clutch slipping is the problem, it sounds like the clutch is overheating. To help keep this from happening when you go to stop put the tranny in neutral so you don't have to hold the clutch in at the traffic signal. Also be extra careful not to slip or 'ride' the clutch when pulling out or changing gears. never ride with your fingers on the clutch lever. I would change the oil without delay and look for any particles that could be bits of clutch pads.

I hope that helps.

SPAM
'75 Z-1B bored to 1030 cc
'04 1600 Mean Streak
'17 H-D TriGlide Ultra

1 - 2 of 2 Posts