RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Nitrous Anybody?

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Chris Mundell 
#1 ·
Found a neat little NOS system which add's 50 HP at the push of a button.....Here's some info on it. Cost's £414.00 which is roughly $586.49 US.

Ecoblaster 50 is the highest quality lowest cost Nitrous System on the market. This is entirely due to its simple concept and not inferior quality. It is the only system designed to fit a stock street bike without any major modifications. The system is supplied with all the parts needed including our superior Pulsoid solenoid valves, a 12oz alloy Nitrous cylinder (with brackets), a single Venom 2 injector, all pipes fittings and fittings and switches, plus simple and easy to follow instructions for the easiest and quickest installation possible. This system can increase the power of your bike by an extra 50 horsepower, it is initially supplied with metering jets to deliver 25bhp extra. Ecoblaster 50 is only suitable for bikes that have an airbox.

#6 ·
I imagine, like any NOS system, the power wouldn't last very long. You'd use it in those rare occasions when some ZX-9 pulls up next to you and starts revving his engine trying to show off. You could then flip up your visor and tell him to bring it.

This little kit may not be enough to win the race, but a bigger kit would definately do it. This kit is for 50HP, but they sell kits for 300:eek:. 300 Horses would be overkill and you'd probably die:( , but the point is that you could do it if you wanted to :) To blow away a 2002, 900-1000 cc superbike on a standard 750cc engine from the 80's would be worth it all IMHO!

#8 ·
Back real fast

to this topic...Does NOS creat very much more stress to stock engine inards, does it produce much more heat ? Or is it just magic ? Where do you hit switch, in 5th only ?

#10 ·
Yes, I especially like the part where the guy's car starts falling apart.
:laugh:
Can I be guarantied this will happen to me too?

No, really, I just don't see how a system could be "plug and power" without other major mods to engine. I'd much rather spend the greenbacks on cc kit. I have a friend with a turbo 650. When the thing kicks in, it's rediculous (if you're racing), just trying to keep it straight. Well, maybe this is a poor example, but really. Think about it for a moment. You're gonna overload every part of your bike with 50 more hp rushing on all at once. You'ld have to mod suspension too just to keep thing in line. Give me the bigger engine with progressive throttle in power. Much better. Maybe some day.....Hummmmm...

Hey, Berto, I'm dreamin again....
:laugh:

#12 · (Edited)
In my quest for more power I found this site Click Here it has lots of Q&A about Nitrous!!!

I like this one....
Q: How does nitrous work?
A: Nitrous oxide is made up of two parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). During the combustion
process in an engine, at about 572 degrees F., nitrous breaks down and releases oxygen. This extra oxygen creates additional power by allowing more fuel to be burned. Nitrogen acts to buffer, or dampen the increased cylinder pressures helping to control the combustion process. Nitrous also has a tremendous "inter cooling" effect by reducing intake charge temperatures by 60 to 75 degrees F.

Chris

#13 ·
IMO nitrous is a bad idea. Yes it does make power. It makes VIOLENT power. A12oz. bottle will likely not last long. but it is
fairly cheap to get your bottles refilled as long as you have a
speed shop or other facility nearby to get it refilled. It will add
stress to every part of your engine,clutch,trans,chain,suspension,
& tire. It can cause piston & ring damage and will certainly increase wear. Nitrous is OK on a 1/4 mile race bike that you
work on all the time but I wouldn't want it on a daily rider.

I guess if you really want more power than what the ZR has it
is time to do some minor engine mods (which can lead to tuning
nightmares,add that to the nitrous list also) or move up to a more
powerfull bike.

Just my opinion.

JonF

#14 ·
JonF-

Your probably right, I should keep saving for my next bike. But I like the ZR so much, it handles so good. I already have the pipe, jet kit, K&N filter, & EGR removal. I don't think I want to go as far as a 810 or 880 kit. NOS would give me the "boost" when I need it....but I know wear and tear are factors.

I figure if I keep saving like this I should have the $$$ for somthing new in the spring or summerof 03. Provide I can sell the ZR too. I figure I will have about $3000 to $4000 saved and then take a loan for the rest. Then sell the ZR and pay off most of the loan with the ZR sale.

I Probably will go for an FZ1 or a ZRX. The FZ1 is in the lead unless the 1200s version comes to the states. OR if Kawasaki re-invents the ZRX into somthing modern.

But I did see a ZRX in RED this weekend and it is not quite as ugly as the others...no offence to thoughs who have them, they are AWESOME bikes, just not my style that's all.

But back to the ZR-7 and NOS... I still may do it... it is still up in the air. A new "speed" shop just opened 5 miles from my house. I don't know if they fill NOS there or not.

Chris

#15 ·
I guess that in besides an 810/880 kit and nitous there are parts
out there to get more power out of this engine. I'm not an expert
on motorcycles or racing history by any means but I believe this
basic engine was a Gp or GPz (something like that) Champion in the early
80's. there have got to be pistons that will yield higher compression,camshafts or companies that will regrind cams, machine shops that can do port & polish work & bigger valves, and bigger carbs or flat slide carbs that can be machined to accept
the K-TRIC sensor. Sure it all costs money & takes time. You may have tuning headaches for a while but wouldn't it be cool to have
a wheel standing tire smoking ZR-7. It all depends on what you want. See the "new spark plugs" thread to follow the 810 buildup.
Making power all starts with how much air you can get into an
engine. Then you have to do the tuning to get it right.
I like my ZR-7 alot. Even if someday I decide I need more power I
would likely get a bigger bike & keep my ZR. It's alot more fun to ride it than it is to work on it.

JonF

#18 · (Edited)
I seem to remember someone saying there was a problem putting a GPz turbo on a ZR-7....somthing with the oil return, or somthing like that???

But if there was a bolt on turbo kit for the ZR-7 I would have it. But for $4000 like the kits on that page??? I don't know... that's a LOT of $$$, but it is also a LOT of power too.

Chirs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.