RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 06 ninja 650r and I'm looking for help with cutting the tail end of the bike frame. I've seen cafe racers with the tail end of the frame cut and that's the look I'm going for.. I would like to know about the:
1.Tail lights installation.
2.Bracket for license plat.
3.How they cleaned up the wiring underneath.. If any could point me in the right direction that would be awsome... THANKS!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
There aren’t many how to’s on the subject on this specific to our 650s. I’ve been looking for the longest time as I t’s on my list of things to do. Perhaps like you I’m wondering how to approach it.
There are plenty of other bike types that would have how to’s for those. Please post upas you go there are others like me that are keen to learn.

·
Registered
354 Posts
With respect to the wiring, my plan so far is to relocate all wiring bar the tail tidy lights forward of the seat latch. My intention is to cut the frame just behind the seat latch itself and so o can at least be sure I’ve got that sorted before I commit to cutting it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here's what I mean and pardon my ignorance as my bike isn't an 06 im not aware of how different the frame is on yours but just to illustrate...
Im planning on cutting mine on the white line in the picture.
I plan to use the existing ecu bracket for a tall light mount but I need to relocate all of the wiring to the ecu and the tail light/tail tidy in front of that bracket. The bike can still be ridden like that for a while. The reason I want to keep the seat latch is because I plan on using the existing seat base (cut shorter also) as the basis of a tail panel made from fibreglass. I have a spare seat and so I whilst I go about making the new tail I can use the existing parts and keep riding.
fullsizeoutput_dc7c.jpeg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Search the forum for a member named Chicagobob. I remember a few years back he did some custom subframe/seat mods that had pictures and info.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Build thread here

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
How much of the subframe arw you trying to trim? I chopped my entire subbie off but its a nightmare to work with. My 06 has a subframe that not symmetrical at all. The side mounted shock and the shape of the main frame make everything hard to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts