RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so 16 days ago I placed an order for the Kawasaki Touring Screen from their website. I received an e-mail the next day stating that availability would be 1-2 weeks. Tried to call them today, but the line was busy and then when I did get through, I only got a recording. I don't understand why they charge you immediately for something they don't even have. Why can't they let you know during the ordering process that an item is unavailable, or on backorder (like other websites)? This would free a consumer to shop elsewhere. Anyway, I'm just frustrated with these practices. When I ordered from them while I was on Guam, I accepted the 6-8 week delays. Now I'm back stateside and it's just as bad! Rant done!
Update;
Spoke with them today, it seems my order was sitting somewhere waiting for another customers order of a different item to arrive before it would be shipped. Supposed to be at their shop on Friday. Have been told I should get my order by Tuesday. 05 Oct. Provided they receive it by Friday. Maybe 21 days or more for this transaction. Is that an acceptable timeframe? I don't think so.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I do apologize. If some of you remember, we did try out a Live Inventory about a year ago. The website just wasnt able to handle it. The inventory count online would be off and we'd have to send out update emails anyways. As always, If you are in a hurry for an item, give me a call before placing the order to check and see if the item is indeed available, I'm always willing to help you out in a pinch!

·
Banned
679 Posts
Ok, so 16 days ago I placed an order for the Kawasaki Touring Screen from their website. I received an e-mail the next day stating that availability would be 1-2 weeks. Tried to call them today, but the line was busy and then when I did get through, I only got a recording. I don't understand why they charge you immediately for something they don't even have. Why can't they let you know during the ordering process that an item is unavailable, or on backorder (like other websites)? This would free a consumer to shop elsewhere. Anyway, I'm just frustrated with these practices. When I ordered from them while I was on Guam, I accepted the 6-8 week delays. Now I'm back stateside and it's just as bad! Rant done!
Update;
Spoke with them today, it seems my order was sitting somewhere waiting for another customers order of a different item to arrive before it would be shipped. Supposed to be at their shop on Friday. Have been told I should get my order by Tuesday. 05 Oct. Provided they receive it by Friday. Maybe 21 days or more for this transaction. Is that an acceptable timeframe? I don't think so.
+1, ordered an ermax undertail through them only because it was the only place I could find that offered it. On the website it states that it may take longer if the part wasn't in stock, but after putting it in my check out, I was not informed the part wasn't in stock until I received my receipt email. The part took several weeks to get to my house, and I have already left for school (6 hours away) so it will have to wait till next season to be installed. Needless to say I will not be going through them in the future.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've found it's always best to call the vendor if their website doesn't indicate stock, or if it indicates low stock. You never know how fast their sites update.

I maybe somewhat at fault kawikakekoa, I called ninja650shop the first week of September inquiring about the Kawi Touring screen. They had one in stock, so I snagged it. Sorry.

For what it's worth, I like the screen. Really like the blackout towards the bottom and the clear instead of the smoke.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I received great and timely service from Jen and the Ninja650shop on some R&G frame sliders and a Ermax cowling.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My No-cut frame sliders were delayed but I was kept in the loop. They worked to the fullest extent as well :alcy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
FWIW: I used Ninja650Shop to get Brake Lines, a windshield, and Brake pads back in June. Timely, friendly service and everything arrived exactly as described.

Not diminishing your experience, I'm sure it is frustrating, just putting a shout out for a small business that did right by me...

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've probably ordered more than $1000 worth of stuff from them. Some stuff was back ordered and I waited for some things but they are far from negligent in their business. I would not hesitate to order from them again and again for anything i needed, Late orders just mean I get to call Jen and let her flex those customer service muscles. I have never had a more pleasant experience with any other vendor, Thanks Jen!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I heard about the possible delay so just bought my touring screen at my local Kawi dealer. They got it in 2 days.
Cost a bundle (no discount), but I'll always pay more to avoid the waiting game!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great Service

I think their customer service is great.
I get quick replies to e-mail.

Remember, All retail sales companies are at the mercy of their wholesale distributors, and the manufacturers. Ship dates change, products changes, any number of things can happen outside of the retail companies control.

Since they support this forum, give us free shipping, and this month a 10% discout, we should try to keep supporting them!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never heard someone complain so much about something simple. If you don't want it, tell them you want a refund. Shop somewhere else. Otherwise be patient and wait.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never heard someone complain so much about something simple. If you don't want it, tell them you want a refund. Shop somewhere else. Otherwise be patient and wait.
Yes Sir!!!! Your opinion is noted.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Everyone's experiences and mileage will vary with any online vendors. Personally, my experiences with the 650shop had been pretty good thus far. No to diminish the OP's experience but the waiting game does happen when ordering online. Have to remember that emails from small shops are manned by a human being so if that person is out sick, on vacation, etc...things get back logged.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.