RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm having some weird coolant leak on a 2014 ninja 650 has only 8k miles on it. I stripped it down, filled the coolant and let it sit for a week. I'm seeing coolant drips under it coming from a bolt under the bike adjacent to the drainage screw. What seems to be the issue? A loose screw or smtg else? If I rev the bike I don't see any bubbles in the coolant compartment. thoughts? Thanks :)
MVIMG_20191117_124458.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
The coolant isn't leaking from the bolt. It is leaking from the water pump weep hole. if you look at your picture you can see the hole just above and to the left of the bolt. The bike is sitting with the kickstand down making the bike lean to the left. Therefore the coolant leaking can't drip straight down to the ground. Instead it runs to the left hitting the bolt head, and dripping off it. The reason the bike is leaking through the weep hole is because the water pump seal is bad and needs to be replaced. I would also replace the oil seal while the water pump is apart. very easy to replace both, and cost of parts should be less than $20 off ebay. here is a link on how to replace seals.
Hi,

I'm having some weird coolant leak on a 2014 ninja 650 has only 8k miles on it. I stripped it down, filled the coolant and let it sit for a week. I'm seeing coolant drips under it coming from a bolt under the bike adjacent to the drainage screw. What seems to be the issue? A loose screw or smtg else? If I rev the bike I don't see any bubbles in the coolant compartment. thoughts? Thanks :) View attachment 122248

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gave you the wrong video. you don't need to remove the engine cover. check out this link.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIU_gRohSwQ&t=734s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts