RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Corbin pan does seem to be similar material as their others but this one was much lighter. I've had Corbins on both my Nighthawks and my Bandit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anybody tried Saddleman saddles?
They list Sport, Tech, and Track styles. After putting 36,000 miles on my 2010 Z's original seat, it's beyond time for replacement.[/B]

·
Registered
489 Posts
i've put over 35k KM on the stock seat and didn't have any issue with it, i ride wearing my A* leathers most of the time and the butt area is padded so no discomfort at all, when riding with only jeans i get sore butt after about an hour and a half...

i just scored a kawa gel seat (front and rear) for 130$ from a guy that bought it only a month ago but switched his N1K for a multistrada, the price was so right that i couldn't pass is up... just picked it up today, looks really nice!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seat

There is no single solution for everyone. I will gladly ship/sell my OEM gel to anyone for $100. I bought a Corbin and my butt is very happy!

·
Registered
492 Posts
On a stock seat, my butt lasts about 2 hours before discomfort sets in.
On the Sargent seat, my butt lasts 8 hours.
It depends on how agressively I'm riding. If I'm getting after it I don't notice as much, if I'm just commuting it's a lot worse.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are the z1000 and n1k. Driver seats interchangeable?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just received my OEM Gel Seat today - 2 minutes to install and looks great. Raining right now so I will have to report back on my thoughts. Just sitting on the bike it does not feel softer than stock, in fact maybe harder but its brand new literally out of the package and really means nothing for how it will feel an hour into a ride. Looks alone it's a million times better than stock. $254 shipped to my door in 5 days from Parts Depot Store partsdepotstore.com , Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Motorcycle accessories,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like my stock seat. So I plan to use a black folded t-shirt for a 600 mile round trip I plan to take to Lake George, NY on Wednesday . I'll give you guys a review when I get back.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've decided to order the gel pad and give it a try. As much as I tried to break in the stock, I still end up with numb butt.

I'll post after I do the conversion.
Please do post about your results. I was looking at that also.I would like to keep the stock seat look. That gell just looks so comfortable.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've decided to order the gel pad and give it a try. As much as I tried to break in the stock, I still end up with numb butt.

I'll post after I do the conversion.
Look forward to seeing your review! I'm considering doing this as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did nto especially mind the stock seat, but it kept crushing my junk into the tank. Not that theres a lot to crush, but its all I got.

The sargent does not do this so much, an dis far nicer for longer distances.
Shhh the men without a baby d are talking

21 - 37 of 37 Posts