217 Posts

·
Registered
10,328 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,334 Posts
I like it...

I saw a reference to this bike elsewhere on the forum (don't recall where). Up until that point I hadn't heard about it.

I took a look and really like what I saw. I'd say it has a place on my very short list of bikes that would be looked at when the ZR-7S is up for replacement. However, that being said.... I really don't "need" a Liter Bike. And it does seem a bit pricey at $11,000.

I don't intend to replace my ZR-7S anytime soon, so it really doesn't matter. The other bikes on that short list I mentioned above? The Suzuki Bandit 1250S - although, again, the displacement is more than I desire. The Yamaha FZ8. The Suzuki GSX-650F.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I like it. I saw a pic somewhere on here of one with the hard saddle bags which if i were to buy one i would definitely be putting those on. But unfortunately with that price i cannot afford one anytime soon. It looks really nice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am price driven too, I will wait for the discounts or even wait for a year or two and purchase a discounted left over, if I am still interested in one then.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't think it's pricey for what you get. $3k less than a ZX10 and more practical for 99% of the riding most of us do. $4k less than a VFR and knowing Honda I bet the CBR1k will be a lot more too. All the Euro bikes are pricey.

What's a better value that offers equal performance? The only thing I can think of that comes close is an FZ1, it may be $500 less, but I bet the Ninja 1k is about a $2k better bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me it's between the ninja 1k or the z1k i like the overall practicality of the ninja, but i like the looks and edginess of the z. My current ride is '05 zx10r.
I'm looking for something diff. even had my eye on speed triple but i just don't think it has the quality I'm used to. Tuff freakin decision. test rode both at Biketoberfest didnt help me though. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yup.... Was looking at Z1000 but I like this much better..... Now just need to figure out when!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like it but I much prefer the look of the Z1000.

Besides, if you can wait, odds are in 6-8 mos, you can get a deal on a leftover Ninja 1000.

Rob

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Here's a photo of it with bags... I photoshopped the orange color... I don't like the all black ZX10 style wheels and prefer the 5-spoke, polished lipped, Z1000 wheels... so I photoshopped those onto the black model... It would be nice to be able to convert from the N1K to the Z1k by swapping out a few parts! It would be like having two bikes! I am reserving judgment until I can try one on for size and see if I like it in person. But I do like it so far from what I have seen.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Here's a photo of it with bags... I photoshopped the orange color... I don't like the all black ZX10 style wheels and prefer the 5-spoke, polished lipped, Z1000 wheels... so I photoshopped those onto the black model... It would be nice to be able to convert from the N1K to the Z1k by swapping out a few parts! It would be like having two bikes! I am reserving judgment until I can try one on for size and see if I like it in person. But I do like it so far from what I have seen.

I'd like to see that in candy lime green where you have the orange. Those bags are the same ones I have on my 650R

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I'd like to see that in candy lime green where you have the orange. Those bags are the same ones I have on my 650R
That's easy... it's the 2011 factory color for Europe... photo taken from Kawasaki UK

EDIT: I see that Canada gets both the green and the red, but no black...

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Thank you Black Sheep. That Candy Lime Green is awesome! Saved the picture to my computer. I wish I lived near a location where Kawasaki comes for demo rides. My dealer will let me ride if I am ready to buy, but the demo rides would be nicer because you get to try several bikes back to back, like the Concours and the Ninja 1000 would be nice to compare.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Black Sheep you got some mad photoshoping skills. Nice bike but don't think I don't think I would ever get one. My 03 Z1000 is a good bike and I would gain much by switching to the Ninja 1000.

·
Super Moderator
3,334 Posts
No specifics

What are the significant differences between the Z1000, Ninja 1000 ("Street Sports"), and Ninja ZX10R ("SuperSport")?
You've done more than me. I've not looked at the spec sheets at all for the 3 bikes you've listed.

I think I can generalize their differences though....
The Z1000 is the "Naked, Street-Fighter" - minimal bodywork and a more "upright" riding position.
It seems that the Ninja 1000 is a "Full-Bodied Standard" - It has a full set of bodywork, but, keeps the more "upright" or "standard" riding position.
While the ZX10R is, as you stated, the "Super Sport" - in short it is a racing bike with the needed accessories to make it street legal.

I'd venture to guess that the Z1000 and Ninja 1000 probably have the same motor. But, I've been wrong before. :alcy:

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Ninja1000 has the same motor as the new Z1000. I read something to the effect that it is essentially the same as a Z1000 except it has fairings.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I saw a reference to this bike elsewhere on the forum (don't recall where). Up until that point I hadn't heard about it.

That was me. I won't buy one but was interested what others thought.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts