RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought my bike (1996 bandit 600) a couple months ago and fell in love with it. The only issue it had was a small oil leak (couple drops a day) which i planned on fixing once i got the money, but in the mean time ive been adding oil as needed. It ran strong without problems until this recent issue. I walked out to the parking lot the other day and saw my bike lying on the ground. There was minor damage including a broken turning signal and some scuffs on the engine. I tried to start it up and it ran. I didnt drive it but it seemed to be ok. A few days later i went out to ride it but i couldnt get it started. I checked the oil and noticed it was low so i bough some 10w40 and put it in. Now there was plenty of oil in the bike but it still wouldnt start. I checked the petcock valve and saw that it was turned to the prime position (something i never noticed or bothered to change before, it may have been like that since i bought it) so i switched it to on. After a few tries at starting it I figured i had flooded the carbs so i let it sit for a couple hours and tried again. This time it fired right up. I rode it a few miles before i lost power. After that i havent been able to get it going again. The kill switch is on and there is plenty of gas. Battery is good since it is turning over, just not firing. Petcock valve is still turned to on. I tried to push-start it but it sounds like it tries to fire then just wines to a stop. On a side note, i noticed then when i tried to push start it, i was getting resistance from the engine in first gear before i released the clutch. Im not sure if this is typical or even has anything to do with my problems but i hadn't noticed this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problems once bro-I adjusted the idle by turning that little black knob under the carbs after its warm to 1200rpm-I run my bike on prime once it is running-running your bike on prime while running will not hurt the engine I just switch the petcock to on when i dismount-if you have bad floats fuel may leak into your crankcase IF your bike is off on prime-I have no clue why it runs like that but it does excellent-I burn my friends on gsxr's and zx-10's off the light all day-the bandit is the truth off the line-hope this helps:dance::righton::bud:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts