RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving this thing, first thing I want to do is do the fender eliminator kit, that rear looks so much better without all that crap hanging off the back.

What kits do most people use?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Hi and welcome! If you are worried about looks, there are plenty of things you can buy for your bike. I used a CycleGear eliminator kit that was $30. Works fine but I had to spend $10 on license plate lights also. The tiny ones that are bolts/lights. I was going to go with Yoshi but in the end its not something I look at enough to care about. You are probably going to want to upgrade the suspension on that thing. There are some really great threads on suspension on the first page titled Suspension 101 in the general discussion, Inertial dampers in the performance parts, etc. Several threads regarding exhaust and fuel management too if you are into modding those things.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hi and welcome. I bought a Yoshimura eliminator and I wouldn't trade it! There are a lot out there to choose from depending on what you want to spend. Click HERE for a DIY one that some guys opted for and spent just dollars for.
The first thing I would buy would be frame sliders, I bought other things first and now I regret putting off the sliders.
Like Kojiro told me when I bought my first aftermarket parts, be careful, molding is addictive. My own list of future mods has nearly tripled since I started!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha Modding is a slippery slope! thanks for your input & I will look at all of the stuff you put on there THANKS!!! so glad I found this site.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I dont even bother putting all the stuff I bought for the bike in my sig lol.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
welcome to the forum where we're not against'm!

I'm a stocker guy, but recently ordered stainless steel front brake lines, after nearly 5 yrs and +44k miles on my 09.

have fun! ride lots, post lots! LOL

·
Registered
768 Posts
I dont even bother putting all the stuff I bought for the bike in my sig lol.
Me too. Running out of room... just added LED accent lights with a lighted switch that I didnt grt around to adding. Soon will be the new shad seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
welcome....I have the same bike and year.....have done tons of mods (PCV, autotune, fender eliminator, lowered foot pegs.....the list goes on...let me know if you need any assistance

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
It depends on how the signature is done. Mine doesn't take up too much space.

To the OP, like Lean mentioned, some of us just modded the stock piece. I didn't buy anything for mine, just bent, cut and drilled the stock pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts