RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

New to this forum. Ordered a 2011 z1000 a couple weeks ago... now I wait for it to arrive. I am going crazy. I am sure it will deliver on a day when it snows a foot.

I went with the all black. The green and black looks awesome too.. but I am too old for "glow-in-the-dark". Besides.. I like the stealthiness of all black.

"What color was it ma'am?" "it was bright green.. that hooligan almost killed my baby! what if I had been walking down the street when he rode by in a wheelie?". :laugh:
Currently own a 2003 Honda 919 & a 2007 Kawasaki ZX-14:

Anyway... I got z1000 envy in a bad way right now. Bike is gonna be frickin' sweet!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sorry to break it to you but the bike pretty much sucks - I have a 2010 Z1000 and the thing is slow as hell and handles poorly - I got embarrassed leaving a stoplight by some dude on a 150cc Vespa wearing sandals.. NOT!!!

Enjoy your new toy! The black/black looks pretty sick - I like the black/silver but the blacked out mufflers and such are pretty cool..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to break it to you but the bike pretty much sucks - I have a 2010 Z1000 and the thing is slow as hell and handles poorly - I got embarrassed leaving a stoplight by some dude on a 150cc Vespa wearing sandals.. NOT!!! QUOTE]
I know the feeling. I even get Harley riders (wearing shorts, T-shirts & yes, sandles wanting to race me at the lights!! :killingme
Congrats on joining the converted. :swink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
No one ever wants to race me :(

Id like to at least try.

Congrats on the new bike, enjoy.

Any reason you didnt pick up a steal on a 2010? Those things are like $8k now!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...Any reason you didnt pick up a steal on a 2010? Those things are like $8k now!
Two reasons.

1) color. both the black/silver & white/orange are beautiful in their own way. I wanted to wait to decide after I saw the colors for 2011. I saw the black/black and I knew. There is a white/orange at the same dealer I am going through.

2) unmolested. It is true that you can get great deals on bikes still on the showroom floor from late summer on. Personally, I think the asking price of the white/orange one I mentioned above is more than it should be... think they told me around $9k in August. Anyway, even at a better price doesn't change the fact that it has been sat on and scuffed up by all the hands and feet that have come in contact with it while it sits unwanted. I want a new, untouched one. From the crate to my garage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Moto, congrats, glad to hear you're gonna stick w the Z even though the mighty cb1000r is apparently US bound. I think this is the better look and engine from what I've read, but would never whisper such blasphemy over @ Wristtwisters.... Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Moto, congrats, glad to hear you're gonna stick w the Z even though the mighty cb1000r is apparently US bound. I think this is the better look and engine from what I've read, but would never whisper such blasphemy over @ Wristtwisters.... Welcome to the club!!
from all have read and heard/seen, the cb1000r is obsolete compared to the new zed. I am stoked for sure.

how many miles you got on yours now? winter end your fun yet?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The Z1000 has the CB1000r beat by about 30hp... they detuned it too much. Besides, Honda is 3 years too late bringing it over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You're gonna love this bike, I've only got about 450 on mine. She's already full of stabilizer and hooked up to the tender. I'm a little girl when it comes to ridin in the cold...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome motoCYCHO, you're Honda 919 looks awesome! congrats on the new Zed you'll love it! I wouldn't worry about the CB1000R we have them here in Oz, and all bike comparo's say it's a good allrounder, but nothing on the 2010/2011 Z1000. The Zed has better chassis, brakes, suspension, power and torque.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
233 Posts
from all have read and heard/seen, the cb1000r is obsolete compared to the new zed. I am stoked for sure.
Absolutely obsolete. Honda's swinging with too little too late. I used to have a 599 and a VF500F before that - never figured I'd get a Kawi. Here I am, happy as can be.

That said, if your bike comes with the same Dunlops as the '10s, get those replaced as soon as possible. Changing tires (in my case, to Pirelli Angels) transformed the way the bike feels and handling. Really upped my confidence, despite being a harder tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Motocycho just how old is "to old for glow in the dark grn" I'll hit the big 50 next mar. still ridin my bright grn zx10r but lookin to replace with '11 blk grn z1000... Anyway enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Absolutely obsolete. Honda's swinging with too little too late. I used to have a 599 and a VF500F before that - never figured I'd get a Kawi. Here I am, happy as can be.

That said, if your bike comes with the same Dunlops as the '10s, get those replaced as soon as possible. Changing tires (in my case, to Pirelli Angels) transformed the way the bike feels and handling. Really upped my confidence, despite being a harder tire.
I hear mixed reviews about the stock Dunlop Sportmax tires - my bike feels quite sticky and planted, def doesn't feel sketchy or anything.. Figure I'll burn through the rear tire quick enough anyway (going to the track in a couple weeks) that I'll just wait till then to put some 2CT Powerpures or whatever on there...

Per the black/green 2011 bike - I think it looks awesome - I'm 32 which isn't that old but I shy away from really loud colors, such as all green or all orange etc - but the black with green trim looks great... Still though I think it's a hair loud for my taste and I'm happy with the black/silver 2010 I got..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts