RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2000 zg1000 and pulled the seat off to find 3 lines coming out the rear that were just hanging out. Two of the lines were so loose and worn that I didn't have to put any force into pulling them off (barely touched them really and they fell off) where do these go to? Also, it came with the luggage but no key to the luggage and the local locksmith couldn't help me out either (I had to take it in to get the ignition/body lock key made). Is there a way to find another key somehow?

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
Have you tried searching for free online manuals?

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
...but, if I had to guess, one will be an overflow and the other a breather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I searched 2000 zg1000 gas tank and looked at all the images and the ones that pulled up all show just one nipple on the back. That's why I turned to the forum for help. ☹

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
It may be worth going to your local dealer parts dept, give them vin number and see what tank comes up with that vin number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't help with the two nipples, mine only had one. Maybe California model?
Sold my Concours ten years ago, but, as for the keys, I seem to remember there were only two key patterns, A & B. And the dealer could easily replace.
Good luck.
Jack

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I believe that your tank is for a California model - the three tubes go to the evaporative fuel canister, which has probably been removed from your machine. Also, if the luggage is aftermarket, try to find a brand on it and then contact the distributor for the keys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts