RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new-to-me 2005 MS Friday, this is my first bike. I have been logging the miles on a friends 02 Soft Tail for the last couple of months and was eye balling the HD line pretty hard, but after riding this MS I was sold... all of the style and more power for 1/3 of the price!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
VERY NICE!!! Welcome to the 'club'!! Enjoy her for all she's worth. :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Congrats, DD! :glassesti

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club!

MS rules :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome! :agree:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great desicion!!! enjoy and ride safe!

·
Registered
128 Posts
if this is your first bike, then take time with her in a parking lot. don't drop her while doing U-turns. she's long and very long. straight line and braking? you'll feel like you drive a car. it's ridiculously stable.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if this is your first bike, then take your time with her in a parking lot or you might drop her while doing U-turns. she's long and very long and heavy, yet extremly stable. straight line and braking? you'll feel like you drive a car. it's ridiculously stable.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
She's my first bike, and Day 1 was spent putting better than 20 miles on it just going around the block and my neighborhood, which is a total of 4x9 blocks. :) That was Day 1....still practicing and always will. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Laugh out Loud.....do not listen to them. Skip the parking lot crap and ride that bike like you stole it. It is a man's toy and needs to be played with and made dirty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The advice I was given when I testrode a 'streak...

Don't forget to put your foot down when you come to a stop!

Useless of course, but I still remember it every time I come to a stop ;)

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Remember that most people drop their first bike. Whether it is a low speed wreck or just letting it fall over in the driveway. Get some type of engine guard and saddlebags to help minimise the damage when you do drop it. Take them off in a year if you don't end up liking them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You already know just how sweet the bike handles.
Very nice ride indeed.
Please post some pictures when you get them.
:welcome:

·
Registered
975 Posts
^^ LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
+1

·
Registered
357 Posts
Or go to the darkside so you don't have to. :swink:
Guessing, the DS is fine if you travel the super slab only, but I'm sure that on the twisties if you are riding with others riders they would be (stopped holding up thier bikes) waiting for you once the straights came back.

Can't understand the DS thing.:threadjac

·
Registered
141 Posts
I decided to keep out of discussion about the DS until I'm at least a Jedi Master.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike! Be careful startin' out, take 'er easy. She's alotta bike! Keep the shiny side up!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts