RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used to have a pair of Shogun carbon frame sliders for my CBR but recently got a new Ninja 1000. I was surprised to learn they didn't make the carbon sliders for the Ninja. After talking to the good guys at Shogun, they created a kit for me. Does anyone happen to know the torque requirements for the motor mount bolts?

DB537787-5471-451C-8623-E092F4EDF4E4_zpsvs6ohixp.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got them installed. A couple of points I noticed:
- I didn't have to remove all the plastics, I just loosened them.
- I had to cover the offsets with tape and hold them with pliers so they didn't spin while torquing the engine mounts to 32 ft pounds
- The blue tape was to line the offset up so I would know if it slipped. On the right side, there is a very small window if you don't want the slider to rub on the fairing
- The Shogun bolts were a little longer than the stock bolts but it didn't cause any problems
2091DA7C-858C-45A6-B124-95B988690191_zps1ik4wfdq.jpg
5C98E640-ACD1-4804-923F-1E2E8905D0F3_zpsjkog5woj.jpg
6B5290F4-49DE-4109-A218-B7818D80D1DD_zpsp78hfjdj.jpg
46D9F1D7-BA26-416F-83F4-F3A1AFA9C3ED_zpsofny6rnt.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know how I feel about any slider that's offset and mounted in one spot, they're already a lever sticking out. Adding an offset is just going to add more strain to a bad situation, just because somebody can run a CNC doesn't mean they know what they're doing. OEM Sliders appear to connects in two places with some beefy hardware. The Sato Racing ones look pretty reasonable for the price, RG Racing ones look like they're made entirely out of serious sauce and priced accordingly. You get what you pay for, at $90 which is $100 less than even the Sato ones I'd say just keep in mind you virtually always get what you pay for. The RG ones are at least slightly more affordable than the OEM ones.

</my opinion>

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't know how I feel about any slider that's offset and mounted in one spot, they're already a lever sticking out. Adding an offset is just going to add more strain to a bad situation, just because somebody can run a CNC doesn't mean they know what they're doing. OEM Sliders appear to connects in two places with some beefy hardware. The Sato Racing ones look pretty reasonable for the price, RG Racing ones look like they're made entirely out of serious sauce and priced accordingly. You get what you pay for, at $90 which is $100 less than even the Sato ones I'd say just keep in mind you virtually always get what you pay for. The RG ones are at least slightly more affordable than the OEM ones.
The T-Rex racing sliders have robust mounting plates secured at multiple points. They are nicely machined, and the price is reasonable. Kudos to T-Rex for showing all of the slider kit pieces in their catalog photo so one can see exactly what one is getting.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Bob, I have the T rex pieces, too. You know one part that bothers me, with this kit?

Look at the right side mount. Notice how the top of the mount almost touches the engine. Notice how the mount will jam right into the cylinder should the bike hit the ground with any force.

I'd rather replace plastic vs that.

I think a single mount, supported by one bolt, is worthless and would end up doing more harm than good, although the Shoguns look much nicer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts