RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and learned a lot of great info. I need help finding a long-lasting rear tire. I do a lot of commuting and mountain riding. I only got a little over 4000 miles out of the factory tire. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How long do you consider 'long-lasting'? For some people here, I'd imaging getting 2500 miles would be considered exceptional!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Set up your suspension to your weight and style and you should get better mileage out of any tire.

I use Continental RoadAttack 2 tires and have gotten 6k+ mileage out of the rear with stock suspension settings.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
You need a sport-touring rear tire... like the Dunlop Roadsmart II. It's dual compound so the center is harder for commuting, but the sides are sticky like a Q2 for better grip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Shinko Verge sport touring tire on my N1K and I've got about 6,000 miles on it so far and I go to the drag strip and that with it. The cornering ability of the tire is great, it handles everything i throw at it with ease! I believe it's an amazing tire! I will be ordering another one when the time comes. I also got the matching front tire and it has about 2,000 on it and shows no wear what so ever. And out where I live we have a lot of what we call chip and tar roads where they just throw down tar and stones and call it quits and those tires have been great!

·
Registered
49 Posts
right now im running the z8 metzelers before that one of my best tires were the pilot road 3 on my fz6r. the z8 seem to cut the corners a little sharper if you might be doing more touring you really can't go wong with the road 3 and some riders have stated that they like the road 2 even better.

road 3 / 2 / z8 all great tires and the wear is pretty good on all.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a Shinko Verge sport touring tire on my N1K and I've got about 6,000 miles on it so far and I go to the drag strip and that with it. The cornering ability of the tire is great, it handles everything i throw at it with ease! I believe it's an amazing tire! I will be ordering another one when the time comes. I also got the matching front tire and it has about 2,000 on it and shows no wear what so ever. And out where I live we have a lot of what we call chip and tar roads where they just throw down tar and stones and call it quits and those tires have been great!
Can you get this tire in the 190/55 ? I can only find the 190/50.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts