RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Do you have any specs on those as well as the one above the rear light? How about a picture of them as they sit on the bike?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was busy this weekend with my msf course. Which I passed with no points lost. Still gotta eait a month before I can get my m2. Anyways here's a screen shot of the product. They work well but they way i mounted them on the front by reusuing the stock rubber pieces to fill the hole they stick out a little far for me. So im gonna play around to get them a little more in. Heres a few pics I just took quickly. If I can get rid of the rubber stock part it will bring them in about 1.5 inches which would be perfect. The signal is in yhe middle like the rear. Cell phone cant pic it up cause its too bright lol. Better in person.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Is this what you also used on the rear? I'm looking more specifically for what you did in the rear with both the side lights and the strip above the tail light.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep the rear is the same lights. Come in white/amber, blue/amber and red/amber. For the rear since the default are 2 wires to get the dlr 3rd wire I connected the 2 third wires from both sides together than used a pigtail off the rear lights constant power (red wires) and connect that to the 2 wires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the rear led strip. The wires on it are small but u just tap into wires from the rear signals and taillight. I'm moving in 3 weeks so once I move and get my electronics stuff out of storage I'll clean up the wiring and take better pics. U could also not wire in the turn signals for the led strip and just use it as extra tail/brake lights.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I'm familiar with how the rear lights are setup as I've wired in extra's on mine. I currently have extra LED's setup for both tail and brake lights but not for the direction signals as they are built into my Givi rack system.

20140318 crop.jpg

View attachment 118761

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is the rear led strip. The wires on it are small but u just tap into wires from the rear signals and taillight. I'm moving in 3 weeks so once I move and get my electronics stuff out of storage I'll clean up the wiring and take better pics. U could also not wire in the turn signals for the led strip and just use it as extra tail/brake lights.
Is it possible to re-post the daylight pic of the rear? For some reason it won't show up for me. Very interested in how you mounted/hid the wiring. May try to do this on mine soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wiring. Well to make them 3 wire drl I had to pony tail a wire from the constant on for the brake lights to tge 3rd wire of the signal lights. I finally got my givi pannier rack in so I'll be removing the rear signals and rewiring everything back there more nicely once I get a set of panniers. I think I'm gonna go with the e22 givi ones.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Wiring. Well to make them 3 wire drl I had to pony tail a wire from the constant on for the brake lights to tge 3rd wire of the signal lights. I finally got my givi pannier rack in so I'll be removing the rear signals and rewiring everything back there more nicely once I get a set of panniers. I think I'm gonna go with the e22 givi ones.
The e21's are just as good, cheaper if you are buying new, and easier to find if buying used. The extra 1L is in the shape of the top ;)

Now if you prefer the look of the e22's lines, then that's fine. I have a set of the e21's (as well as my e41 key-less & e360's) but the e21's are my daily bags. They don't stick out farther than my mirrors, hold the right amount and I love the fact they are top opening (as are the e22's.) Even though the e41's are kind of top opening they are not as quick and easy as the e21's are.

I have pics of all of them on the bike if you are interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts