RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Green Ninja 1000 about 3 weeks ago, and so far I love it. I am upgrading from a 650R, and I am very glad I stuck with Team Green.

I already have a Madstad Windshield on it, a Sargent Seat, and Murphs Risers. I am still not totally satisfied with either the seat or the bars though. Looks like I am going to have to invest in the Russel Day Long Saddle again once winter comes. For the bars I might go with Convertibars if moving the angle of the Murphs Risers isn't enough.

Also went with a Scott Oilier to prolong chain life, I had good luck with the one on my 650R.

I added the Givi racks for the V35 Side Cases and the E55 Top Case, moved over from the 650R.

The power is great though, and it handles so well. Also does a much better job of dealing with being 2 up.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
congratulations on the new ride

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've seen a few of the 5th gen...it looks like they changed the angle of the stock handlebars from that akward upswept angle on the older bikes. Are the stock handlebars at least a natural downward swoop?

What about the current bars are you not satisfied with?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same upgrade : from 650 to 2017 Ninja 1000. Didn't change much yet, and don't plan to, except for some OEM accessories. Take a look at Jonathan Long YouTube channel. The guy got a 2018 and made a lot of very useful videos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts