RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was kinda of nasty and cold so i couldn't take the bike out, but about a month ago, i bought some license plate light screws. It was sort of a poor design since if i ever needed to take the plate off i would have to unwire everything, so i decided to just put them on the sides of my tail kit, just as like extra lights. I think it looks pretty cool!
Let me know what you guys think!
before i put the plate and seat back on

My hack job of a wiring set up

What it looks like underneath...

All set up!

I probably need to adjust them a little bit so they are both at about the same level, but other than that i like them! Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I don't need these, as I'm keeping the OEM setup. However I have been interested to see how bright they are! Nice install, I would have "hacked" it the same way.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i figure it's just added visibility so why not

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am pretty sure a light on your license plate is required by law here.
I think most places do; but I don't think it's enforced. My licenses plate is held up by 2 L brackets and nuts and bolts, whatever light comes from my taillight is basically what lights my plate up.

I think someone would get in more problems putting there plate underneath the tail in the back by the frame then having no light and at the tip of the tail like the OP (and myself included).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think most places do; but I don't think it's enforced. My licenses plate is held up by 2 L brackets and nuts and bolts, whatever light comes from my taillight is basically what lights my plate up.

I think someone would get in more problems putting there plate underneath the tail in the back by the frame then having no light and at the tip of the tail like the OP (and myself included).
a kid i ride with had his plate back by the frame with no light, and i thought it was illegal. it is hardly visible when he is riding.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice work.
My mini brights are set up the same way.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks good, and you're right, it would have been a hassle if you ever had to remove your plate. But then again, how often to you have to remove your plate?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good, and you're right, it would have been a hassle if you ever had to remove your plate. But then again, how often to you have to remove your plate?
that's true...idk i like the look haha

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
depends on the state laws. it might be different for cali.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im guessing most if all states require a plate light. But the tail light does illuminate it a some (although in a red glow). So Im thinking it would really depend on the officer, as to if its a problem or not.

Also, I don't know what states require inspection, (pennsylvania does) but it may be required for inspection too.

I wanted to stay as legal as possible which is why I have them illuminating the plate...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the quality, all i have is my phone. Here is how it looks when its dark.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha will do. i';m going to do my best to stay out of their way though haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts