RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm Liz and I am new to riding. I just bought a 2014 Ninja 300. I am having a bit of an issue and am trying to figure out how to post a thread for help. I am 5ft even and 110 lbs. Sadly, my first day trying to ride I have already dropped the bike twice at very slow speeds. I think a lot of it has to do with my feet barely touching the ground when I sit on the bike. I think lowering it would help me tremendously to not drop the bike and feel more comfortable. Does anyone have experience/advice with how to drop the bike and what parts I need?

·
Registered
17 Posts
G'day all,
A quick intro as to why I'm here!
I have just bought a 2001 ZR-7 40,000 km over in Albany, Western Australia. I won't see it until the first week of July. :D
My daughter and son-in-law will be returning to South Australia later this year. Son in law would like to ride back (about 2,800km) to South Australia on his Suzuki. So what better excuse to get (another) bike than the need to accompany my son-in-law home.
I've been riding for over 40 years, crossed the Himalaya 3 times on Enfields, crossed the Andes twice, then there's other motorcycle trips through Morocco, Turkey, Dalmation Coast, Thailand, multiple trips throughout Vietnam and the length and breadth of Australia. I've accidentally kept every motorcycle I've bought since I started legally riding at 16 and that includes a brace of GTR1000s which are very well travelled in Australia.
So, I've been reading up on the ZR-7 as I do all my own work on my bikes and it will get a thorough service, new wheel bearings etc before its trip across the Nullarbor.
Cheers, SB

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member recently purchased a z750s absolutely love it. I've been spending a lot of time looking and not joining thought I'd try to give back ?Currently working on upgrading my suspension will provide a thread when I start the build

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a newbie Ninja rider ... My first bike was a Yamaha R3, but now that I've been on my full license for a little while, I decided to upgrade. I upgraded to the 2017 Ninja 650. I'm not a naturally confident rider, so I'm still getting used to her - but I'm enjoying it!

I live in Australia.

New Bike1.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just picked up my first bike a back in May a 2016 Ninja 650 ABS, new to the forum and new to riding!

Check out the bike mods list that I've already done below more to come in the next few weeks.

MODS;

Yoshimura Tank Pad
Yoshimura Frame Sliders
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit
Yoshimura 10mm Rear Stand Spools
CustomTaylor33 Reflective Kawi Lime Green Rim Tape
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Stomp Grip Tank Grips
Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings everyone! I just got my first 650R. I've had my motorcycle endorsement (on my license in Louisiana, not sure if other states require that) for over 12 years now, but I haven't really ridden for about 10 years (sold the bike when my daughter was born). It was a 250 Ninja and my first 'street bike'.
I'd ridden dirt bikes and scooters growing up, so the 250 was a smooth transition from what I was used to. I quickly outgrew the bike (loved it though, pushed it to the limit on these North Louisiana country twisty roads) and wanted something in the 600 range that I could sit upright on (I hate the riding position of the super-sports and honestly don't see how people ride comfortably like that . . . although in all fairness, i've never driven one).
I found an amazing deal on a Green '09 650R with only 4k Miles on it. . . it's everything i've wanted. Anyway, glad to be in the group and I look forward to talking to all of you. I'm interested in some modifications that may improve the performance and 'sportiness' of the bike while allowing me to maintain that 'upright' riding position when I want to and tuck behind the wind screen when I want to - i swear this bike is the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Garry, I live on the west coast of Scotland, 40 miles from Glasgow, i sold my Suzuki GSXR Srad 600 yesterday and have arranged to pick up a 2002 ZR7 S next weekend, its currently getting a engine fitted as the head was cracked on the original one, the bike had sat for a while, it will be mot'd this week and ready to go by Saturday.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Garry, I live on the west coast of Scotland, 40 miles from Glasgow, i sold my Suzuki GSXR Srad 600 yesterday and have arranged to pick up a 2002 ZR7 S next weekend, its currently getting a engine fitted as the head was cracked on the original one, the bike had sat for a while, it will be mot'd this week and ready to go by Saturday.
Welcome Garry, and to all the other new members. I think you'll enjoy the zr7s. Cracked head you say. hmm any idea how that happened?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Future classic

No idea how to post pictures on this forum. Maybe an option will appear when I have posted a few messages?

Also, I could not find a thread or forum dedicated to the W, Be it W650, W400 (which is essentially the same) or the more
Modern W800 --could someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
No idea how to post pictures on this forum. Maybe an option will appear when I have posted a few messages?

Also, I could not find a thread or forum dedicated to the W, Be it W650, W400 (which is essentially the same) or the more
Modern W800 --could someone point me in the right direction?
It's easy. Tap on the little square that looks like a picture of a tree. Then tap search files in your computer. Then upload and post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Double post? I can't seem to see my previous post.

Here is my W just before I bought it. Was backfiring and rattling badly around 3krpm. Re-settled an exhaust pipe, checked and adjusted the bevel drive, which sings but in general looks good, and on my way I am.

There is some knock on cylinder #2, a battered pipe on the side it was dropped, some goof changed the handrail to the wrong side so it now takes two to put it up on center stand, and _welded it_.

To do: forks and shocks, maybe upgrade the front brake caliper.

All in all a sweetheart.

> any user with a W650 or W400? Is there a Forum here about the W?

NN

Attachments

1981 - 2000 of 2040 Posts