RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

New Honda Africa twin !

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bearclaw 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I could own one. When I was in Germany ('84-'85) Honda turned loose a big Dakar bike on the European market and I really want it but knew I couldn't bring it back or find parts for it if I did, but it was nowhere near a 1000...

#3 · (Edited)
Tube tires I would not want to deal with on a tour. Can't just plug and continue on.

I have several friends that are interested in it though. Definitely one of the best bikes Honda has brought to the US in quite a while.

Reactions: bearclaw
#5 ·
Traded my Concours 14 and the 690 Enduro R for a CRF1000L last week. Just wanted to get to a single bike again. I'm optimistic this is a good compromise.

View attachment 110945

I am seriously thinking about getting down to 2 bikes. Just can't image which two bikes that would be. Getting tired of chain maintenance and noise so want shaft or belt. Definitely want electronic cruise control on at least one of the bikes. If Honda would have put electronic cruise on their V4 Cross Tour, I might have considered it.

I really like riding my M8 Road King and feel like it is a keeper. Been eyeing the Moto Guzzi V7 III which is a basic easy to maintain bike with shaft drive. I just never have fallen in love with a bike. It is the riding experience that I love. With my bad back I am just not going to be able to ride to my former physical limits anymore. I also want to get down to two bikes so I can put the best suspension available on them.

#6 ·
Pretty good plan there TWA! My C14 had a real cruise control and I really enjoyed having it available for some of those long days. I'm searching for options for the AT, but in the short-term I've already accepted (sort of) I won't be able to install one. My 5, 6, 7 hundred mile days are probably over too. Definitely got the trail riding out of my system with the 690--even reinjured my right shoulder by taking a beating in the rough terrain.

I did a SS1000 with the C14, and really cannot foresee myself doing another.

So, with those as some thoughts, the AT seems to fit my needs. However, as everyone knows, buying/owning a certain motorcycle isn't a tattoo decision.

#7 ·
Beautiful bike bro! Enjoy love to take a spin on one

I have a 2015 super tenere, which while it's a great bike I bought it as a perfect all round bike, I figured I'd do trips and cross country, and camp.....then realized I have no time, my riding is mostly an hr or two after work and on Sunday mornings....I think a nice bagger is actually what I want/need. With the dog I take him hiking so can't ride the tenere as must long distance anyway. It is so fun to tear up these northwest ct roads though!!!! Love to keep tenere and get a street glide or Indian chieftain.....

Reactions: motocopter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.