RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new here but not new to riding. Have a black '09 650, it is my fourth bike. Previous rides were '92 EX 500 (my first bike), '94 CBR600 F2.

Then I took a 10 year break from riding and still can't figure out why but in Fall of '08 I bought an '08 Suzuki M50 because I was 38 and they seemed comfortable. Wrong! It beat the crap out of my lower back to the point I couldn't be on it more than a half hour. Forward placed pegs to not agree with me as they place too much weight on the lower back/tail bone.

I've had my 650 for about a year now and couldn't be happier with it. The only mod it has is a Jardine pipe and that will probably be all I do to it. Here is a picture of it the day I brought it home.

·
Banned
679 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a cruiser for cheap some years ago, and found the same thing. I think the 'comfy cruiser' thing is a myth.
Yep, I agree, even that wide comfortable looking seat left something to be desired. I had a SS and a cruiser and this bike is somewhere in the middle. It's funny I went back to a bike that is similar to my first bike.

I will keep this one for a while but if a killer deal comes along on a used Ninja 1000 in a few years, I'm all over it.:cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Love that bike. Sold my 09 650R, and still miss it. Great, all-round motorcycle. Mine was in showroom condition when I sold it with 3500 miles. The next day, the kid I sold it to dumped it. ugh.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
hapmo-, :welcome:

cruiser comfort: i've ridden cruisers for almost 13 years. i bought my 650 august 09 and have put 12,500 miles on it. i rode my vulcan 1600 (an 05 bought new feb 05, and now has 59k) only 1,000 miles in the same time frame. i find that i can ride either for about two hours max before my butt needs a rest.

and 2 hrs is definitely max for me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hello! I'm new here but not new to riding. Have a black '09 650, it is my fourth bike. Previous rides were '92 EX 500 (my first bike), '94 CBR600 F2.

Then I took a 10 year break from riding and still can't figure out why but in Fall of '08 I bought an '08 Suzuki M50 because I was 38 and they seemed comfortable. Wrong! It beat the crap out of my lower back to the point I couldn't be on it more than a half hour. Forward placed pegs to not agree with me as they place too much weight on the lower back/tail bone.

I've had my 650 for about a year now and couldn't be happier with it. The only mod it has is a Jardine pipe and that will probably be all I do to it. Here is a picture of it the day I brought it home.

-1. Only because you need to get that thing dirty ASAP. Everyone knows black is the hardest thing to keep clean. Oh and drop it in the parking lot on the left side (put sliders on first). I can stop being jealous then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-1. Only because you need to get that thing dirty ASAP. Everyone knows black is the hardest thing to keep clean. Oh and drop it in the parking lot on the left side (put sliders on first). I can stop being jealous then.
Yeah, I know I gotta get some sliders soon. Gotta black bike and a black car (Impala SS), they are for sure a pain to keep clean but they do look great when they are.:glassesti

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hapmo-, :welcome:

cruiser comfort: i've ridden cruisers for almost 13 years. i bought my 650 august 09 and have put 12,500 miles on it. i rode my vulcan 1600 (an 05 bought new feb 05, and now has 59k) only 1,000 miles in the same time frame. i find that i can ride either for about two hours max before my butt needs a rest.

and 2 hrs is definitely max for me.
I'm so jealous of your California weather. It's already starting to get crappy here in the Chicago area and time to put it away for the winter.:(

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
we haven't had a stellar October this year. Been drizzling for the past few days. Finally cleared up today. Wonderful riding tonight under the near-full moon.

What's cool about that first photo is that I think how cool that bike is... and then remember "Hey, I have one of those in my garage!"

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good looking ride there hapmo.
Welcome out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcomes!! Here is a pic of my M50 that I had to trade in after 1500 miles, bought it new so took a bit of a beating on it.:( Nice bike but not for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts