RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
meh.

Fairings are for fairies. ;)

Actually I just came off a Triumph Sprint and there's no way this interests me other then....
It's great for Kawasaki! Keep up the great work Kawasaki! :ithank:

·
Registered
270 Posts
anyone else think that upper looks r1esque?.. w/e Props for kawi trying to make the Z1K sell better in the US.. fail for making a Z1K look like an R1 with a big muffler LOL

·
Registered
969 Posts
anyone else think that upper looks r1esque?.. w/e Props for kawi trying to make the Z1K sell better in the US.. fail for making a Z1K look like an R1 with a big muffler LOL
Sorry but in no way does this look like an R1 . . . the Z1000S is just a smaller version of the Concourse 14. I'm sure it will need a more comfortable seat but things you'd change anyways

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just dont see who this will appeal too. Its not going to be as comfortable as a full on tourer and the people who want an all out litter super sport are not going to pick this over a more powerful lighter machine. I dont get whats wrong with naked, the new Z isnt even really a naked bike in the traditional sense. Looks great, but like it was said earlier more scantly clad then naked.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just dont see who this will appeal too. Its not going to be as comfortable as a full on tourer and the people who want an all out litter super sport are not going to pick this over a more powerful lighter machine. I dont get whats wrong with naked, the new Z isnt even really a naked bike in the traditional sense. Looks great, but like it was said earlier more scantly clad then naked.
Geezers like me who when they retire don't want 600+ lbs between their legs when they go to California from Jersey! :glassesti Wanna come with?! :alcy:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Geezers like me who when they retire don't want 600+ lbs between their legs when they go to California from Jersey! :glassesti Wanna come with?! :alcy:
lol actually just missed out on a road trip to deals gap because couldnt find someone to watch the dog. Would love to do a long road trip one day. Really need to pick up a wind screen for long rides on the street triple though. Anything sustained above 95 gets obnoxious.

·
Registered
452 Posts
So they finally bridged the fairing gap. What exactly is the market for this bike over say, a regular ZX-10?

·
Registered
228 Posts
lower price than a zx10, more real world ergonomics, etc. The market is someone who wants a powerful bike with wind protection without sacrificing comfort.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lower price than a zx10, more real world ergonomics, etc. The market is someone who wants a powerful bike with wind protection without sacrificing comfort.
In other words, me. This thing is basically a comfortable liter bike. I love canyon carving, but hate the torture rack ergos associated with modern super sports. To me this is basically the perfect sport bike. A ninja 650 on steroids.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
To me this is basically the perfect sport bike. A ninja 650 on steroids.
I've owned a ninja 650 (2006) and it's not even close to a z1000 in any way other than the name Kawasaki and maybe seating ergos.

perhaps steroids growth hormone and pcp.

lol

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
In other words, me. This thing is basically a comfortable liter bike. I love canyon carving, but hate the torture rack ergos associated with modern super sports. To me this is basically the perfect sport bike. A ninja 650 on steroids.
But why this over the many street fighter options currently available that give you the canyon carving you want and the seating comfort? If you wanted a screen for long touring wouldnt this bike not be the best choice compared to a dedicated tourer?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts