RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 ninja 650. unfortunately i laid it down and dented and scratched the muffler. i hate seeing it like that so i want to fix it. my 3 options are: buy a stock( aprox. $100), buy a slip on(aprox +/- $200), or buy an aftermarket full exhaust(aprox +/- $500). what are your thoughts? i dont mind the stock but i wouldnt mind it being louder and/or giving me more power. thanks!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
No need to post in multiple forums. We pretty much check them all.

You can't install a slip-on as is. You would need to buy headers from a second gen bike to use the slip on. Whether you go stock or aftermarket is a matter of opinion. You likely won't get much in the world of power, just the sound.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrighty then haha.

ahh i see what you mean...the stock exhaust is all welded together. so that would mean id have to buy a whole exhaust system. now when you say 2nd gen bike do you mean an older model like the 2011? would a 2011 header fit on a 2012? if so, could i put that header on then buy a slip on to connect to it? thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also what are decent brands to look at for a slip on? i see so many different brands i dont know whats better. obviously there more for sound and look but i dont want it too loud as where ill get in trouble.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Well those are both topics of significant debate.

Aftermarket exhausts vary a lot in sound. Some very loud some not as much. Remember these are also parallel twin motors so don't expect that super bike sound. Check you tube to get an idea on the sound level but the tone will be hard to decipher.

I would recommend a fuel controller with any exhaust (and even stock). It will make the bike smoother and run closer to proper AFR

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea ill have to see which brand sounds good to me

now for the fuel controller ill have to do my research on that cause i dont know anything about that haha. im sure the best brand for that is a debate too? haha

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Not to sound like a "USE SEARCH!!!!!11ONE!" police, but using would probably be more helpful and faster than making a new topic. Alot of the questions asked are usually in the first 1-2 pages anyways, so even just a quick glance would get you results. I personally do not like the search function in our forum, so I just use google to search, and add "riderforums" in the end.

As to why searching and not just starting a new topic: The information probably already is there, and you arent waiting for someone with first hand experience to post. I am sure people that contribute to this forum love to help out but hate retyping. I am sure if I asked a PCV question, Mark would not want to have to retype everything lol.

Back on topic, I answered your other thread about 3 minutes before seeing this one.

EDIT: I hope you dont take this personally lol. I just dont like how useful threads sometimes get buried by new threads that have already been answered, and with lots of answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts