RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2012 kawasaki ninja 650. unfortunately i laid down my bike and dented the muffler. the exhaust system and everything still seems to run fine but i want to fix it cause i hate seeing the dents and scratches. should i just buy a slip on or stock exhaust? ive found stock ones for less than $100 but i know i could find a slip on for less than $200. is it worth it to buy a slip on? i know full exhaust run $300+ depending where you look. any thoughts on what the best route is?? thanks!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
For your bike you cannot use a slip on unless you have 09-11 headers. I have read somewhere some people chopped up their 2012-2014 headers to accept slip ons but that sounds more of an experiment rather than a "slip-on". If you can find a slip on for less than $100 and cheap 2009-2011 headers, and you like a better looking (personal preference) and better sounding (also personal preference), then go that route. Otherwise spend the ~$500+ on a full system/exhaust. I dont know where you saw a full system for $300 but let me know! If you are fine with stock, obviously thats the cheapest route, if you are ok with buying used on CL/Ebay.

·
Registered
140 Posts
kojiiro is right, the 2012 on 650's have a one piece exhaust system which means if you want to make a change it requires buying a full system.

On the brightside though, if you do fork out for a full system, when you want to sell the bike you can take it off and sell it on ebay or in the classifieds here. You should get plenty of money back as they're in demand as it seems nobody wants to buy them new.

Performance and sound wise they'll all be pretty similar so it's a question of buying the one you like. I think the Scorpion's look awesome Kawasaki ER-6 2012 on : Scorpion Full System With Titanium Silencer

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
but i want to fix it cause i hate seeing the dents and scratches.
I don't know how BAD the damage is but my advice is:
Be practical about this. If it REALLY isn't that bad, polish up the scratches and don't worry about it.
A few little dings here and there is just a mark of "character".

Also, riders often find out the HARD way that it is a loosing battle when they spend $$$$$ to fix it up looking showroom new again.......only to drop it AGAIN.

Likely that nobody but YOU will notice or care anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts