RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got rid of my cbr400 for a zr7, slight lower and mid range power increase with smoother riding hopefully. what can i expect from this bike, what are its weakenesses if any and its plus points. many thanks wayne.;)

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
Welcome to the group Wayne! Check out ZR-7.com first, there's a ton of information on there about the bike. Also, look through the Maintenance and Performance Enhancements forums on this site, and you'll get an idea of the types of things that the rest of us have done to our bikes. The most common complaints about the bike are a little off-idle hesitation (although not everyone finds this), a lack of power compared to a sportbike and frequent valve adjustment intervals. There are a lot of good things about the bike, including great balance and handling, comfortable riding position, bulletproof engine, ease of maintenance and good looks.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Your CBR400(R?) is a Mini Cooper. An R1 is a Sierra Cosworth. You have bought a Granada.

Quicker than it looks, will carry a fair load in comfort, cheap to run, and basically just does everything well.

And like an old Granada you can hot it up a bit without needing a 2nd mortgage. Most of the guys here have had their ZR-7s a year or two so you luck out. All the research is done just surf away :D

:)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Hey Wayne, it's good to see new names on board. Welcome!
I'm not familiar with your former machines, but the ZR-7 is a good all around bike. If you enjoy riding, it's hard not to like it. It's like titomike said, does just about everything, but I wouldn't be to quick to enter it in any motorcross events. The front fender is just a bit low for a knobby tire. :D Enjoy the ride!

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Good to have you aboard. I think you're our first UK member. Pretty friendly bunch here, and exrtremely informative and helpful. Can't really say too much more about the ZR than what's been said. I use mine almost every day to commute. Then I can easily hit the mountains and twisties that have many pure sport bikers ACTUALLY giving compliments to a non-pure sportbike. (That's a rarity over here). A really well ridden one (not necessarily by me :mecry: can easily dust a sport bike ridden by a squid. How much do I like my bike? I bought mine July 1st. I now have 8900 miles. :D :D

Emrah

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Hey Martin,

You were asking about where we should go for our next ride? Well, I say you scrap the whole Mid-California Roundup you're trying to organize. If you're gonna go, go big. I say we do England!

Emrah

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Hey Emrah, how about trying North Carolina first and bring Scott and Martin with you. The Myrtle Beach ride or "Bike Week" might be a good start before crossing the big pond. Tom :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would take a week off work if it ment i could meet a bunch of you guys in myrtle beach. It would be like meeting a bunch of distant family because you guys(&gals) are really some of the best people ive met online, not to mention that this site is the best one i've found for our bikes. Its great to be able to chill and chat about bikes and not feel like you have to compete with all the other people you ride with. Which I seem to notice that a lot of the super sport bike guys have. At any rate have fun on this site wayne im sure every on will be good to you and be more than helpful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all for your replies, nice to see your a friendly bunch and if you cross the pond we,ll hook up and go for a spin. i thought your comparisons were,nt far out no i,ve got it. pulls like a train, have to get used to not changing up too quick. now i need a cool screen or nose cone, mud guard extender, hugger and belly pan, any ideas for uk or usa site, either reply here or
[email protected] :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts