RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a bigger bike for a while. Found an 09 Triumph Sprint ST with 907 miles on it at the local dealer, and rode away on it.
Great bike, I love the 1050 engine. The Sprint is sooo easy to ride.
Plus the luggage will come in handy for touring.
So the 650R is for sale. Truthfully, I'm dreading selling it. Its a great bike, and I would keep it for running around on, but I just dont have the room in my garage for 2 bikes. So its on craigslist, looking for a new home.
Anyway - this forum has been great fun.
Cheers.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yup, I didn't have room for two bikes in my garage either. So I kicked the misses out. In the garage - my Porshe, my Softail, and my Ninja. Outside, her Subaru. Sometimes, sacrafices have to be made, just as long as they're made by the other party (and yes, I already know that I'm a jerk).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yup, I didn't have room for two bikes in my garage either. So I kicked the misses out. In the garage - my Porshe, my Softail, and my Ninja. Outside, her Subaru. Sometimes, sacrafices have to be made, just as long as they're made by the other party (and yes, I already know that I'm a jerk).
That's hilarious:laugh: But it makes sense to me and I'm a girl. The porsche and motorcycles are treasures, unless her Subaru is an STI then it's a tough call.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's hilarious:laugh: But it makes sense to me and I'm a girl. The porsche and motorcycles are treasures, unless her Subaru is an STI then it's a tough call.
If its a STI then it should like getting down and dirty in the outdoors lol. My garage is car free, I have a two bike garage even tho the better half wants her car in there haha

·
Registered
703 Posts
That sounds like a nice bike man - congrats!

If I remember you were thinking about a Street Triple r as well no? You mentioned you had got to ride that one and thought it was a blast.. What do you think of the Sprint compared to the Street Triple r in terms of the riding experience and all?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Looks nice, seems like a larger verson of the 650R retaining a sport look with a touring feel. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like a nice bike man - congrats!

If I remember you were thinking about a Street Triple r as well no? You mentioned you had got to ride that one and thought it was a blast.. What do you think of the Sprint compared to the Street Triple r in terms of the riding experience and all?
I was thinking about the S3, but honestly the whole thing came about when I just found a deal I couldnt turn down. The Sprint has the same enigne as the S3, but offers better wind protection, and has the panniers as well.
A triumph dealer in our area was selling a 2009 Sprint for $8995, it only had 917 miles on it. A guy bought it a few months ago, and was just to short to ride it. It is definetly is a taller ride. So he traded it in on a BMW. A new 2010 sells for over $12k OTD, with setup etc, and there is no phsical difference bewteen the bikes at all. I jumped at the deal, and rode home. The S3 is still an awesome bike. - Had there been a deal like that on one, I probably would have bought it.
Anyway the bike is awesome, it runs smooth like glass. 80mph cruise is like nothing. I'll post some pics. Still love my ninja, sad to sell it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,
someone is coming to look at my beloved ninja tonight. Maybe she'll find a new home. The sprint is an awesome bike, but there is just something about the 650R that I really love. Its a pity that I just don't have the space for it, or I would very seriously consider keeping it as a second bike. Its just a fun motorcycle for sure, I still love the sound of that twin - its a good sound sound.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't do it, you'll regret it later. Sounds like you need the space, not the money. Make space! After I bought the Porsche last month, I needed the space too, so besides kicking the wife out of the garage, I had to move my truck too. Ended up selling the truck just to make room. I regretted it the moment they drove off. I even considered calling them up the next day and asking if they would sell it back. Had I really thought it through, I would have made space for my two bikes outside the garage (shed?) and parked my truck and car in the garage. What makes it worse, I let the truck go for much less than I wanted. Lesson learned - if you're gonna sell, but don't really want too, at least get the full price you're asking. And if it doesn't sell, then fate wants you to have two bikes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your theory is sound! I just really dont have room for 2 bikes. I'm tired of leaving the car outside - will be sad to see her go, but she's going to a good home, I'm sure her new owner will look after her.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I've also considered changing bikes. Constantly debating it in my mind. Seriously considering one of the BMW F800 series. Not overly expensive; good reviews which say it's pretty sporty; about the same weight as the 650, available ABS (I ride in the rain), more horsepower, more torque, way better fuel economy despite a larger engine with more power and torque... Don't really like how it looks though and I've heard BMW's are less reliable and more expensive to maintain and repair. I've already got one unreliable vehicle to worry about and will be buying a winter junker soon so I don't need another vehicle to worry about fixing, lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really thought about the F800ST. My problem with it was that it wasnt a big enough change from the 650R to justify the expense. Essentially, its a very similar bike, parallel twin, upright position and really only a few more hp. For Almost 11k new OTD its a lot of money, and you are right BMW's are expensive to maintain. I had the feeling that if I bought one of those, I'd be looking to replace it in another 2 years. I'd rather spend the money on a used 1200RT. I think it only has another 17 hp more than the 650R?
Sweet bike though...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ninja is gone - her new onwer picked it up tonight. He got a good deal, the bike is literally, showroom perfect, nary a scratch. I threw in my scorpion EXO 400 helmet and a rear stand as well. The bike is still under warranty until Feb next year. Sold it for $4500
Will miss it, it was a great ride.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats on the sale. Considering the glut of 650Rs out there, and how little the new ones are going for, I'd say you did real good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It had 3113 miles on it. The bike was in almost showroom condition - its was perfect. I had the seat modded by spencer, also installed a PUIG windshield, and throttlemeister bar ends. I threw in a helmet, and a rear stand on the deal as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.