RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I sold the ol' 650r for $3000 and bought myself a 2007 CBR600RR for $5000 even.

here are some pics. Its bone stock for now. Lots of mods coming in the near future. Hope im still allowed to post here hehe :alcy:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats.
Nice ride.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, it's very nice! I've also ridden one and they are silky smooth. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
very purdy, colonel!

argh, droopy clipons, i call'm. make me ache thinkin' about'm.

before i bought my 650r i looked high'n'low for a new suzuki 650 - NOT the s. none was to be found. i sat on a couple of s models - the ergos are just too acute for me.

have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
very purdy, colonel!

argh, droopy clipons, i call'm. make me ache thinkin' about'm.

before i bought my 650r i looked high'n'low for a new suzuki 650 - NOT the s. none was to be found. i sat on a couple of s models - the ergos are just too acute for me.

have fun and be safe.
I have heard some people say the SV650S' ergos are actually worse than some SS bikes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Putting a new exhaust on there is gonna be a PITA! You have to take the entire seat off to get the bolts off for the stock exhaust. Put a TB on my buddies 09 CBR. Sounds better than the lawn mower it used to be. :killingme Good luck and safe riding!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love all motorcycles, and I want to try as many different bikes as possible. Unfortunately I dont have the budget to keep them all. So I have to sell before I can buy.

Ergonomically speaking, the bike is more comfortable in some areas and less so in others. My back feels really good and my shoulders feel good but my wrists take all the beating. The stock seat is better than the 650r's also.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Are you holding yourself up with your legs and back muscles? I've always heard that if your wrists are hurting you're riding "wrong". If anything your back, abs, and thighs should get sore from holding you up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, i know how to ride and position my body... Under braking I have to keep myself from sliding forward on the bike. So that is what puts pressure on your wrists. That and the throttle cable is very tight and the spring is strong so you have to hold the throttle tighter.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Don't you just grip the tank harder during braking to prevent you from sliding forward? Sorry, I'm just going by what I've read about the ergos of supersports and my experience on the 650 and a few other bikes. I know on the 650 if I squeeze the bike harder with my legs I do not slide forward even under heavy braking but it is a much more upright bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice bike. First mod get rid of those hideous turn signals.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't you just grip the tank harder during braking to prevent you from sliding forward? Sorry, I'm just going by what I've read about the ergos of supersports and my experience on the 650 and a few other bikes. I know on the 650 if I squeeze the bike harder with my legs I do not slide forward even under heavy braking but it is a much more upright bike.
Well, actually my experience with the bike has been changing. So i'm not quite sure what to tell you. I would agree that griping the tank with your legs is the ultimate way to corner; however, i'm not sure that its truely that simple in my case.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice bike. First mod get rid of those hideous turn signals.
Those are there to protect you, first and foremost. However, I do agree that they are not the most aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
nice bike, i got almost the same colors. Im 6'2 and weight 230lbs and i find the bike very comfotable as well. My wrists feel it as well, but only under downhill braking. i grip with my knees and it fine. once i get the suspension set-up for my weight i think it will get better. also i didnt like the blinkers at 1st but theyve grown on me. hope you enjoy the new ride!! wait till you get that thing in the twisties its a whole new world above the 650

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well, actually my experience with the bike has been changing. So i'm not quite sure what to tell you. I would agree that griping the tank with your legs is the ultimate way to corner; however, i'm not sure that its truely that simple in my case.
Get yourself some tech spec snake grips. Worked wonders on confidence hanging off my street triple and being able to stop yourself form sliding into the tank on hard breaking. Was just to slippery while wearing textile pants.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get yourself some tech spec snake grips. Worked wonders on confidence hanging off my street triple and being able to stop yourself form sliding into the tank on hard breaking. Was just to slippery while wearing textile pants.
I've been thinking about looking for a tank grip. my biggest problem is with how slippery the seat is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts