RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if I'm alone with this problem?
My Z (2010) has done only 700 km to date and I am having trouble selecting neutral whilst on fast idle (auto choke).
I usually leave my bike parked in first gear and then pull the cluch when I start it. Then I try and put it in neutral and it's impossible. It slips from 1st past neutral into 2nd and then vice versa. This morning I tried at least 10 times without success so the only way I can select neutral duing this time is to turn the engine off. Once it reverts to normal idle (within a few minutes) it's all fine again...

·
Registered
545 Posts
i would not worry
it will probably improve with milage

or take it out of gear prior to starting problem solved

·
Registered
95 Posts
My wife's bike does something very similar - I just blip the throttle and select neutral as the revs drop back to tick over.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wonder if I'm alone with this problem?
My Z (2010) has done only 700 km to date and I am having trouble selecting neutral whilst on fast idle (auto choke).
I usually leave my bike parked in first gear and then pull the cluch when I start it. Then I try and put it in neutral and it's impossible. It slips from 1st past neutral into 2nd and then vice versa. This morning I tried at least 10 times without success so the only way I can select neutral duing this time is to turn the engine off. Once it reverts to normal idle (within a few minutes) it's all fine again...
Looks like it has something to do with the higher rpms and synchronization of the neutral?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys... well at least i'm not alone but it shouldnt really happen, my busa doesn't do it nor did any of the other bikes i've owned.... bad bad kawasaki... but i still love this bike......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like it has something to do with the higher rpms and synchronization of the neutral?
Probably due to Kawasaki's "easy netural" mechanism or whatever the hell they call it. The same thing that prevents, at complete idle, shifting into 2nd may not be working properly while the bike is warming up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts