RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any members out there that use the Netscape browser and have any trouble posting messages? I am trying to help a member out to find what is causing his problems with not being able to post a message. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i'm using Win 98 and netscape communicator 4.72. occassionally when i hit "post reply" i get a page that has the banner and not much else. refresh, CTRL refresh, etc, all do nothing. shut down netscape, restart and do it again and it usually works.

i also crash and burn killing all windows occasionally when opening lots of windows simultaneously to read lots of threads but this is not unusual if i've got lots of windows open.

any chance of gettig the board to work with Opera?

scott :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you like opera? I tried it once and I just didn't like it. I personally hate netscape, and IE6. I use IE 5.5 and I have no problems with it. I'm not a big windows freak either, I do play around with Linux occasionally. As far as getting opera to work with the site have you tried it yet?

·
Registered
706 Posts
LINUX Test

Best regards team:

GEORGE: I tryed to post a test message using Netscape 6.2 from my LINUX box in the office with no luck. I'm login but when I try to post the message I get the following: vBulletin Message: You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. No big deal 'cause a have a Windoze box next to the LINUX machine. The LINUX box is a Pentium II 233Mhz, 96MB RAM, 3.0 Gigs. HD running under Red Hat Linux 7.2 w/Xiniam Gnome and Netscape 6.2. The Windoze machine is a Pentium II 400Mhz, 128MB RAM w/Windows2000 Pro. Will try to post using the default browser that cames with Red Hat Linux (Mozilla) and will let you know.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i don't like windows much either but i haven't had time to get my linux nicely configured. i got opera a long time ago and it sucked but the new one is pretty nice. i like it because it's small and it works for lots of things. since it doens't work for my bank's site i've started using netscape again.

i've found that the "post" buttons and others don't show up. i can look in more details and report it if you like but i don't think there's a huge demand for it, probably just me :)

scott

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
jarelj said:
That's an easy problem to fix George!! Response: "Use Internet Explorer" :smilewink
If Bill Gates made it, I use it. Of course, I don't understand anything else. Who is Linux? I had netscape years ago, until IE became free. You guys are hurting my head! Tom :?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom Bozeman said:

If Bill Gates made it, I use it. Of course, I don't understand anything else. Who is Linux? I had netscape years ago, until IE became free. You guys are hurting my head! Tom :?
LOL, sorry Tom I found that funny. :)

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Yeah, but I thought his name was Linus? Is Linux a distant cousin or something...and is he/she stupid enough to let Lucy set up a football for him/her to kick like that dumbass Charlie Brown? Or does Linux set around with a stupid blanket or has dirt "swirling" around him all the time? Or does he back up Schroeder on Guitar or Drums? Man, I'm really confused now. Let's call Popeye to kick his butt. Or **** Tracy to solve this ?crime? Or....Tom :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone that uses a netscape browser let me know if it works now to where you can post, I changed a cookie setting so I am hoping it has fixed the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts