RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site here guys and hopefully someone can give me a hand with a friends 03 meanstreak. He was riding the bike 2 days ago and everythiing was fine but he's not the easiest on his bike, doesn't beat the snot out of it but rides it pretty hard for a cruiser. Now the bike won't start and he can't hear the fuel pump kick on, he checked all the fuses, all the lights, turn signals and horn still work but there's no neutral light. My question is is this a common problem with these? Is there a relay or sensor that is known to go bad and if so where is it or where are they located or should he just replace the fuel pump? He doesn't have a service manual for the bike so hopefully one of you guys can help. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
View attachment Electrical component locations.pdf

Theres a neutral switch. It basically just applies a ground. I would think even if it was bad, the fuel pump should prime when the key is turned on but you just wont start. You can bypass the switch to test.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Riding the bike hard shouldn't fry the fuel pump...those babies retail for 428.00 very expensive. He should get the seat off and check the plug-in harness that connects to the pump, coming out under the back of the tank. No nuetral light could mean that the little light bulb inside the nuetral meter lense could be burned out. He may need to trace the wire harness to a relay.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
And just to make sure, pull the right side cover off & check the fuses on that side to make sure their not blown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts