RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I would like to replace the stock gear shift lever on my 2013 Ninja 650 ABS as it is a little too short for my small foot and leave a little to be desired in terms of fine up and down adjustability. Are there any aftermarket replacements that won't set me back 5 bills?

Thanks

Mrs. S

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
After the pictures it makes much more sense, although I have no informative suggestions besides the obvious. :dunno: Custom or aftermarket, and I don't even have enough experience with either to recommend. :confuse:

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
A pair of boots with longer toes might help a lot.

Take the shifter off, take it to a machine shop and have an inch or two added.
Might want to get a second shift lever to modify.......just incase it gets ruined in the conversion.
The result might not LOOK too good though.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Buy another shift lever and have a welder add in a section from it into your lever. He should be able to grind the welds down smooth, but it will have to be repainted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Moose Racing makes a 1 inch extended lever for the Kawasaki KLR 650. I don't know if it will work on the Ninja or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there for info.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When I first got my '07 ninja I couldn't reach the shifter without repositioning my heel on the peg before each shift. On my bike previous to that I never had to move my foot to shift, and it drove me nuts.

I was all ready to do the same modification until I realized that if I increased the length of the shifter, then the overall throw would increase as well. So I would have to move my ankle further up and down to upshift and downshift.

So I just learned to move my foot before each upshift and downshift. It didn't take long to get used to it and now 45k miles later I can't imagine NOT moving my foot to shift!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I feel I need to go the other direction because I have large feet and like to wear work boots when I ride which puts my toe farther forward and also makes it difficult to get my toe into the shift lever for up shifts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts