RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a2009 ninja 250 they did upgrades to it put a stretch on it ext...... When I ended up getting the bike they had told me that the carburetor had been rebuilt because it was leaking I've put the carb on try to fire it up and it will not start they had bypass the air filter box and EVAP system but I'm not for sure how they did that or we're all of my lines go to could someone give me some type of idea on trying to get my bike goingit will just sit there and crank and crank and crank but every once in awhile it will backfire I don't know if it's somewhere in my vacuum lines I have spark I'm lost can I get help on some diagrams of fuel lines carb lines ext and where to start in getting it where it attest trying to start and not just back firing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chances are it's running way too lean.

The airbox creates a restriction necessary for the air to be sucked in through the carbs and this in the intended air volume needed for the stock jetting. The evap bypass shouldn't be too much of an issue, as it only makes the crankcase gases recirculate into the combustrion chamber to be burned to lower NOX emissions.

The best advice I could give you is to find the service manual for the bike (not the user's manual), it should detail every hose attachment and wiring required to perform maintenance.

Do you wish to run the bike without the airbox with pod filters or will you put the airbox back?

If you have a picture if the diagrams you can't figure out, PM me or post in the thread and I'll try helping you out (I assist in writing service manuals as a part of my job)

-Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts