RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have acquired a complete 72 Mach IV h2 triple that has been in storage since 82. The bike was my father in laws baby that he kept hidden and would never part with. He recently passed away and in a safe left a will, saying that he wanted me to have it and do whatever i saw fit. That being said i am at a crossroads to either restore it and auction it or sell as is to help my mother in law. I do not ride, yet, but have appreciation for the bike. I?ve spoken with dealers and some collectors and know where it stands. But honestly need guidance and figure a forum was my best bet. Please help me find it a loving home either restored, repainted, or as is so my father in law can RIP. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
That bike was nicknamed "The Widowmaker" for a reason. Definitely not a bike for a new rider.

You would be better off finding a forum dedicated to the bike and/or bring it to a shop to see what kind of condition it really is in to help you know where to go from here.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm an original owner of the first of Kawasaki's triples a 73' 500 MachIII. From the look at the photos his "baby" was rode very hard & put up wet a lot. As is it's not worth a lot, it looks to be missing a lot of stuff. If you can find a buyer go for it. Good "runners" are out there for a price. This Is Not a beginners bike and I doubt if you have the mechanical skill or the "where with all" to take on a restoration. Don't get emotionally tied up to it. It's a first year model so it will be harder to get parts for. Good Luck. Oh I checked on Ebay and there is a very nice 72' MachIV going for $11,000 plus and I guarantee you that you could drop that much getting your 750 to that condition. But check it out to get an idea of what a nice version looks like. Ebay Motors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts