RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was entering a highway in my car and had just changed lanes into the right line after merging from an on ramp. When a Harley rider fully moved into my lane from the center lane w/o checking his mirrors or looking. Not even like half way moved in and realized I was there. He pushed me off the road and I passed him on the shoulder. After doing so the guy did not even look phased, as if he didn't just lose his life. Oblivious people do not deserve a motorcycle license. That's right deserve, cause riding is privilege; not a right. The thing is, I'm a fairly aggressive driver and normally don't take things like that lightly. But being that he was on a bike I felt absolutely no animosity towards the guy, but just kept thinking how lucky he was that I was paying attention; in a world where motorcycles are generally invisible to drivers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good on you that you were paying attention. I can not imagine how long that could possibly haunt a person, even though is was his fault. I have found that I am much more relaxed driving, and cautious since I added a Bike to the fleet. To qualify I have been licensed for 20 years , earned one speeding ticket when I has 16 and have not caused any accidents yet. I also became more cautious driving 8 years ago when I started rock climbing. I suspect knowledge fuels our wisdom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats great you moved out of the way bro, the other driver will learn one day that it pays to be extra cautious while being on 2 wheels at all times.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats great you moved out of the way bro, the other driver will learn one day that it pays to be extra cautious while being on 2 wheels at all times.
I hope so...he literally forced me onto the shoulder. Which is ironic, cause normally you hear cases of cars pushing motorcycles off the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts