RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the new jc whitney motorcycle catalog and they've got both national cycle f-15 windscreens available as well as some smaller deflector screens and the standard oem kawasaki type. don't see them on the web site yet.

scott :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I happened to be reading a posting by somebody in the UK and he stated that he had a National Cycle Plexistar 2 on his ZR-7 and really liked it. He felt it extended his driving season, and it was not noisy. That got me curious and I looked around on their web site and I had a hard time finding the different models listed on their web site too. However, I did see a listing by make and model on their site and I found several products for the ZR-7. I did buy a Plexistar 2 for my bike and I like it a lot. I still use some earplugs just to cut down on the wind noise on my helmet's visor, but I don't really need them. If I lean forward a little I can get in a dead air space and there is zero wind noise. You can really hear the engine good too, I like to check just to make sure all is well. I also like the wind deflectors in front of the handgrips they are great for cool weather. I live in Michigan and the best days now only get up into the mid 50s, and I still go riding. I agree with the guy in the UK the Plexistar 2 has increased the number of days I ride too. Also, the screen is completely clear so it really does not change the looks of the bike much.

I had the screen from Kawasaki for Zr-7, it looked cool and it saved the wind against the body. But the wind noise was just terrible!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paul, thanks for the info. it's much bigger than i'd like for general use but it would be great if i do some long rides with my girlfriend. or if i get to be too much of a wussie for winter riding ;) how tall are you? is it easy to remove the windshield quickly? could you post a picture?

scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Anyway, I am 6' 1" and it seems to fit me OK. The windshield attaches pretty easy, and it can come off fairly easy. I have removed the windshield several times several times and it did not take much work. There are 4 allen head screws for the top clamps, on the handle bars. The bottom has wing nuts for each brace and you could slide the braces out and leave the fork clamps on. So I figure that could be done quickly. I know someone that has a digital camera and I will post a picture this weekend.

PAW

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
many thanks paul! it sounds like a good idea since i'm about 6' and need more protection for long distance two up riding. i'm eagerly awaiting your pictures since my girlfriend said she'd be up for a long road trip this summer. i'd like to be able to go from san diego to vancouver and back.

when you take pictures could you try to get some closeups of the mounting brackets? thanks :)

scott

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paul, thanks so much for the pics. that thing is huge! but that's just what i'm looking for. i think with one of those, a givi top case and some soft side bags i'll have a kicking tour bike!

on another note, my digital camera crapped out last time i took pictures of my screen. coincidence? ;)

scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts