RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Member
1,941 Posts
Dunno who it is but I wonder if he meant to take it that far. Pucker factor may have helped him stay on the bike.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Max "The Roman Emporor" Biaggi!!!!! (Yamaha 500cc two-stroke, not sure what year though, about 5 or 6 years ago?)

Dang! That was the best wheelie-almost-crash-recovery that I EVER seen. Have the video clip somewhere buried in my PC files....

What do I win this time!?

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,136 Posts
That is a pretty famous clip. Pretty amazing. But I could not remember his name. :eek:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Great clip Evol

I watched that clip a number of times and have drawn two conclusions.
1. He knew exactly what he was doing. A great stunter is confident and knows the limitations of himself and machine.
2. He really almost lost it. The front end, still in motion had enough draw to bring him back down as his rear was braking.

Either way, that's the best wheelie I have ever seen.:Wow1: :sweat:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pumpkin gets the gold star!

Nuclear Pumpkin said:
Max "The Roman Emporor" Biaggi!!!!! (Yamaha 500cc two-stroke, not sure what year though, about 5 or 6 years ago?)

Dang! That was the best wheelie-almost-crash-recovery that I EVER seen. Have the video clip somewhere buried in my PC files....

What do I win this time!?
NP is right on the money, good show!

Yeah, I came apon that clip a bit ago, and remembered how amazed I was when first seeing it, so I thought I might bring it back out of the cellar for all too see.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If memory serves, Biaggi was actually on the Honda that year. It was his first year on the 500's after 250's....

Geez, talk about dragging a thread out from the stone ages, lol...

·
Registered
20 Posts
rdrzcbr said:
If memory serves, Biaggi was actually on the Honda that year. It was his first year on the 500's after 250's....

Geez, talk about dragging a thread out from the stone ages, lol...

It is Max Biaggi. And actually, that was when he was still on the Yamaha Marlboro team. I don't remember the exact year, but it was '01 or '02. I think '01. I'd have to dig it up from the MotoGP games and/or Faster the Video.

Cool stuff...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts