RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads but couldn't find what I was looking for so hoping to find some help here. About two years ago I installed a Hard Krome sidewinder exhaust and finally decided to get a used power commander 3 and do the modified version of Caddman kit mod which is adding air cleaner to right side with left side stock. I completely removed the ISC valves and capped off the tubes. My meanie looks to be a California model because it has an EVAP cannister in left side cover. First time out with the new mods was unbelievable...ran like a raped ape with a power band that wasn't there before. I was grinning from ear to ear, until the next day when I had more time to put it through the paces. It developed a strange misfire like one or two of the spark plug wires came off but it would do that intermittently. It would run fine one second and then the other run like crap. Checked plugs, front two were black from the misfire. I decided to unplug the PC3 completely and the problem went away. However, I developed a new problem...throttle sticking. Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be mechanical because the twist throttle will return, along with the cables and of course the butterflies of the valve body, yet the rpm's stay way high. HELP!! Props to those that have this one figured out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts