RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after debating what exhaust I liked best for my bike, it was hard, I wanted something short and light, prererred the duals, but was undecided still. So I picked up an R6 can and slapped it on, mainly because I really needed to, after gutting my cat, my collector had begun to crack with the stockers, and also my headers were so loose that the flange on one downpipe cracked too, so i had them all repaired locally and here is the end result... but its temporary till I get a real exhaust...

·
Registered
32 Posts
actually looks really good! I like the murdered out flat look of it all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it was all done in a rush, I'm about to take a ride to San Diego Fri morning from here in Tucson then head up to Oxnard, and wanted to make sure everything was kosher mechanically before i was worried about the paint

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
shapes good, matt spray black finish is not good.

Maybe finish in a satin black hi temp spray.

spraying the header was a bad move though, your gonna be re-spraying it every 3 months. (you'll understand in 3 months time when you look at it) :silly:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I hope you have good ear protection... that long of a trip with a basically open pipe will give you a migraine even with earplugs in! And I hope you attached the R6 can with more than the compression fitting that it comes with... it will vibrate off if you don't - ask me how I know! I painted my headers black also. The high temp paint works fine with the heat, its the sand blasting it gets from debris off the front tire that wears off the finish. Mine is still mostly black with the center section having most of the paint removed. But because the outer two tubes are still black, only close inspection reveals that the color isn't uniform. But I hope to get a slip-on in the future as well... the R6 can is not a perfect replacement, but it will do in pinch for very little cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shapes good, matt spray black finish is not good.

Maybe finish in a satin black hi temp spray.

spraying the header was a bad move though, your gonna be re-spraying it every 3 months. (you'll understand in 3 months time when you look at it) :silly:
The tip is semi gloss high temp, the body of the can is high temp crinkle coat, looks better in person, cant tell in the pic, and Its being held on with the stock clamp for the Z1k cans, held up fine to Cali, and noise wasnt an issue it sounds nice

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It sounds pretty good, but it annoys me on long rides... maybe I'm just getting too old for loud pipes! It leaves me smelling strongly of gas also, which my wife hates! I plan on getting a Mivv slip-on in the future... if I don't trade for the new model that is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts