RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I won this new GPS..Garmin zumo 220..It came with a hard wiring kit..c does anyone have this one,,can I get some advice as to how to hard wire it and where did you route the lines....Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wired my Zumo 660 into the front running lights in the headlight bucket
did yours come with the inline fuse wiring kit,had black and red wires with the two tips exposed? did you just splice em in? where did you put the rest of the wires? there are three things attached to these wires,,inline fuse,probably a relay box,and a tubular shape thingy...yours the same?I dont want them dangling all over the place....thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds the same I coiled the excess around the headlight wires. just make sure you use the constant power line and not the flasher line

·
Registered
138 Posts
It sounds the same I coiled the excess around the headlight wires.
FYI, Coiling wires around other wire and having a current flow through them creates a magnetic field. This might night be good for your GPS.
Now its time for the electrical engineers to tell me the REAL truth.:blxsuspic

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a battery tender hooked up to my battery with the two prong plug hanging by the side cover.can I put another two pronged plug onto the hardwiring kit that came with the GPS and use that to power it instead of cutting and splicing? so when I want to charge the battery,I unplug the GPS,and when not charging, I can use the GPS..
BTW,the wirekit came with an inline 1amp fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts