RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have been following this site for awhile, but I am the quiet type and have been just picking up good info. About two weeks ago I had my 3k service done along with k&n filter/factory pro jet kit installed and was supposed to be getting a yosh pipe. Retailer sent full Muzzy system instead. I turned it down because of $$$. Here it is two weeks later and I find out through dealership that Yoshimura is supposedly no longer producing pipes for zr-7. Long story short, the Muzzy was still available today, I am impatient, and I got a raise at work so guess what . . . I walked out with the full Muzzy system. It is now on my bike and before starting the bike my first impression was it was maybe half the weight of the original system. I think the box full of paper shavings it was shipped in weighed more than the exhaust. After running it for about 10 minutes I noticed a few things. It has a great low rumble at idle, so far the noise level doesn't seem annoying loud. There seems to be a noticable change in power, but I have not been outside the neighborhood yet. Did get some backfire, but my mechanic warned me I would for a short time while materials break in. Also there is zero flow restriction so even after break in I may experience it every once in awhile. I remember a thread way back that mentioned curiousity about the full Muzzy system so I had to post

Jon

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Yes Jon, I was interested. For heaven's sake, get out of the neighborhood already, and get on that thing. How much faster is it, inquiring minds want to know. What cuts down the wieght, is it the walls ? I noticed when installing my 2-bro's pipe, there was a considerable amount of inner wall lining. To install the 2-bro's(sometimes referred to as the three bro's), you had to hack off the end part of pipe. Does your new system have that cross pipe, and is it all twists and turns ?

And yes, that was a sweet little bit of advice from the mechanic. Oh, let er break in and the backfire will go away. Hey, no moving parts hear, unless it includes a power valve.

:laugh:

Unfortunately, you're almost forced to pollute, or deal with bang bang bang bang bang every time you decelerate. Follow that tip, you will be smiling after you do, smooooth.

Don't be a stranger.

Tony

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
Jon,

That's what I found out about the Street Zyclone Yosh slip-on for the ZR-7. Alot of Web sites still show it available but when I ask them to check they cannot get it either. Seems nobody stocks it. I spoke to a gal at Yosh-rd, she said they were now discontinued. So let us know what you think about that Muzzy system after you open her up a few times!

Berto

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I just put about 20 miles on the bike. I had to go to work, but it served the purpose. As for the back fire, it was most apparent at low speeds. I could live with it, but I will be removing egr when I get time. The weight issue was a number of things. No, there is no cross bar on the front. The can itself also was somewhat smaller in diameter, not much to it (no baffles, can see straight thru). The 4 -> 1 joint seems simplified, less metal. I will try to get some pics to post but I don't know if it will do it justice. As for power, it seemed to be a noticable improvement at ~4.5k and up.

Jon

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Hey Jon, that full Muzzy system looks great! I know it's expensive though. I'm in Fayetteville NC, where is Goose Creek SC? Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom,

Goose Creek is just outside of Charleston, maybe about 3 hours south of you on I95. I am familiar with Fayetteville, I grew up in Jacksonville, NC and went to school at NCSU. I really like the look of the exhaust. It seems less congested up front if that makes any since.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Jon.

New owner here (can u tell by the name :D ), how many bills the it cost u for the muzzy? BTW nice job on the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts