RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know I haven't posted much around here, but I've read alot of threads and gotten some good advice. Just saw the previous thread about a Daytona 675, well I got a 2011 Triumph Street Triple R on Friday, and this thing is an absolute blast to drive! If any one is considering switching from the 650R to something with a little more punch, but same driver ergos....definitely check out the Street Triple!

bike2.jpg bike1.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was considering the street triple but I'm not a fan of the banana seat or the dual exhaust, they are really comfy though...and that engine...ohhh baby

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys, I know I haven't posted much around here, but I've read alot of threads and gotten some good advice. Just saw the previous thread about a Daytona 675, well I got a 2011 Triumph Street Triple R on Friday, and this thing is an absolute blast to drive! If any one is considering switching from the 650R to something with a little more punch, but same driver ergos....definitely check out the Street Triple!

View attachment 57330 View attachment 57331
How's the wind when riding the triple vs 650R?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I was surprised that the wind isn't more of an issue. I figured without a screen I'd be blown away, but it's really not that bad. Now when you go 100+ I'm sure some sort of screen would be much appreciated, but at street speeds, interstate (80ish), honestly not bad.

The stock screen on the 650 seemed to direct the wind right into my face, so I guess that's why it seems about the same to me. And as far as the banana seat comment goes, the 650 had that too, so no biggie. Aftermarket parts appear to be expensive, that's about the only negative thing I can say at this point about the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! About froze yesterday, didn't realize it was going to get that chilly. I try to find any reason to ride anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts