RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just got my gauges back a few days ago from Brian over at MOTY Design and wanted to give a good writeup for anyone interested. Here is what I had done -

Blackout MOD (inverts the gauge polarity), White LED's for the tach and secondary display, Blue LED and red color delete from the needle, White bright LED's for the turn signals, and of course the custom ACUMEN gear indicator install.

The difference from stock is :Wow1: to say the least. Brian has excellent customer service to boot. He was in constant communication and was able to respond to any issues I had. I highly recommend his business and the new lightweight batteries are awesome as well. Here is a stock photo of before and then the after pic plus video. More mod updates coming in the next week!! :wink:

·
Registered
319 Posts
NICE! But what was that noise? Just kidding.

I've been looking at those guages for some time now. Just can't seem to pull the trigger yet. They are real nice and the gear indicator incorporated is cool.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If I had money to spare right now, I would do this too. I have been wishing for this mod ever since our old friend and member here Guillaume showed us his gauges.

Looks great, man!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Now that I got all my parts in, the riding starts monday when the rain is gone. Will have to post pictures of the new stuff. The crazy part is looking at the gauges in the daytime with the needle being clear and the polarity reversed. Looks awesome but have to get used to it. This has easily been on of the best mod yet. Yeah the exhaust sound was off because I had the garage door down on that side to keep light out. Plus the camera I used has a forward mounted mic.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks guys. Now that I got all my parts in, the riding starts monday when the rain is gone. Will have to post pictures of the new stuff. The crazy part is looking at the gauges in the daytime with the needle being clear and the polarity reversed. Looks awesome but have to get used to it. This has easily been on of the best mod yet. Yeah the exhaust sound was off because I had the garage door down on that side to keep light out. Plus the camera I used has a forward mounted mic.
But what was that noise? I was just trying to be funny.

Nice guages and I am jealous BTW. I never thought of what they would look like in the daylight? Can you see the difference on your camera during the daylight? Interesting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to post some daylight pics. The gear indicator is still visible and blue. The needle though is just clear and since the polarity is reversed the background is black and the numbers are well not black. Literally like flipping the colors from what it looks like stock. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Hehe yeah I knew you were joking, made me listen to it again and was like wtf?!

·
Registered
598 Posts
When we ride together it will be cool to check out! I really like the gear indicator (I'm gettin' tired of trying to shift into 7th :doh ) !

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When we ride together it will be cool to check out! I really like the gear indicator (I'm gettin' tired of trying to shift into 7th :doh ) !
Hehe.. I am also guilty of trying for that elusive 7th gear. I uploaded the picture of what it looks like during the day.. you really get the blackout effect during the day with the reversed polarity. The clear needle also gives it a more stealth look overall I think and its still easy to see where it is despite being clear. Yeah we need to plan ahead for a Jersey Z day. Maybe a long ride down the shore or the road that TheRock put together.

·
Registered
93 Posts
WOW! I was thinking I waited way too long to send my gauges in. But you just sent your in last month so I know he is not out of practice. Mine are in the mail back to me today. I only had the Acumen gauge installed (I like the amber). I'm super excited.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! I was thinking I waited way too long to send my gauges in. But you just sent your in last month so I know he is not out of practice. Mine are in the mail back to me today. I only had the Acumen gauge installed (I like the amber). I'm super excited.
Hey thats awesome! Make sure you download the calibration instructions from his website. I got it programmed on the second try while it was on the rear stand. Just have to make sure you follow the order and pay attention. It does have a second or two lag at times since it goes by ratio, but the best is that it keeps you from trying for that elusive 7th gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice mod, Where in Jersey are you located? i'm in linden. Would be nice to meet up to take a ride somewhere. My bike is almost stock not that much stuff into it. Really like your gauges at night, but idk during the day i think it takes some time to adjust huh?. Anyways ride safe!.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do you find there is a delay in your shift indicator. Many of the reviews are complaining about delay and or wrong gear at times. It doesn't tell you what gear you are in when you pull in the clutch, correct? I'm just curious since I read that the other day/night.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice mod, Where in Jersey are you located? i'm in linden. Would be nice to meet up to take a ride somewhere. My bike is almost stock not that much stuff into it. Really like your gauges at night, but idk during the day i think it takes some time to adjust huh?. Anyways ride safe!.
Hey! Glad to see another Jersey Z rider! Head over to this POST and introduce yourself. I don't have as much free time as I'd like but there are some guys closer to your location..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you find there is a delay in your shift indicator. Many of the reviews are complaining about delay and or wrong gear at times. It doesn't tell you what gear you are in when you pull in the clutch, correct? I'm just curious since I read that the other day/night.
Since you program the indicator via it learning the gear ratios it is off at certain times. When I am riding normal on the street and even pushing it the indicator works great while up-shifting at speed as well as downshifting. Pulling the clutch in does make it go into "search mode" since it it trying to figure out the ratio. Also when I downshift coming up to a light it also will take longer to find itself but does after a few seconds. Normal riding though and up-shifting it is pretty solid and maybe has a half second delay if that. I mainly wanted this mod to keep track of what gear I was in during normal/long rides and to keep out of looking for 7th. For the track I would not rely on this and go with something directly wired into the engine. SO far for me I have had no big issues with it. Never had it tell me the wrong gear while engaged in gear and riding at all. Only seen it hiccup on downshifting and holding in the clutch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts