RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First of all I like to say hi to all my ninja 650 owners. My question is simple. I was looking to get a schuberth s2 helmet. The cheapest I can find it for in the USA is $599. Now the other day I found a website. The problem it's a overseas website. www.motostorn.it now the question I have is have anyone ever purchase anything from this site? The helmet I want is 471 on this site. The next question I have is do they mane the helmet the same way. I mean is it DOT and snell approved but overseas follow a different approval cause it's overseas?

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
There will be two versions I believe. DOT only for the states (Schuberth does not submit for Snell); ECE for everywhere else. The Dot version has different shell/EPS configuration and is heavier. I would check the exchange rate for the vendor/location you are looking at; you might not be comparing the same currency.

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
The problem it's a overseas website.
How do you know what size to order....and if it will fit when it arrives ??

If that few dollars difference is REALLY that important, maybe you should consider
a different helmet. There are a LOT of good ones for about half that price or a bit less.

Does their price include shipping ?

You are wise to be a bit leery of overseas "deals".
They often turn out badly, for various reasons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just going to order from motohelmets.com. It's on the states and they carry the schuberth helmet I want to buy. I got it down to 400.00 dollars. I tried the helmet on at the motorcycle convention. It was the right fit. I was looking at a shoei 2100 and that helmet was 375.00, it all cost so why not go with the best!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol credit you can forget it. I found it cheap in the states and I am going to see if they can send me the tinted visor with it! Plus free shipping? I think they will do it!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've bought a couple of things overseas. With the dollar gaining strength over the euro,there are some good deals to be found. Funny that I'm actually writing this in the airport in italy right now. I bought my 2015 Alpinestars race boots from Motostorm.it and it was a great transaction,shipping was pretty quick too. I saved over $100 off the closeout price of the older model boots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a suit from them for about $700, the suit arrived fairly quickly, however upon arrival I discovered it was too small. In the process of trying to make it work, one if the zippers became misaligned, and I misplaced the tags. I contacted Motostorm and they said as long as it was in the same condition as when I had received it, they would process a return so that I could then order a larger size. I mentioned the zipper, and was told it wouldnt be a problem. They requested photos and videos before I sent it back, which I happily provided, and was told to go ahead and send it. I paid over $100 for return shipping, which I expected, but what I wasnt ready for was to be denied the return due to the zipper and tags. After going back and forth with them, they remained staunch in their position and said they would send the suit back. That was over a month ago and I still havent received the small suit back, They are also no longer responding to any communications.
My advice would be to look elsewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts