RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I hit 11,600 miles. The most miles I ever put on one bike is 11,5?? on my Bandit 600 back in the mid '90s. Typically I only keep a bike about 2 years than get the itch for something else. But I've had the 650R for 2 1/2 years and have NO intention of getting rid of it. It's paid for, reliable, comfortable, and alot of fun to ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know if I could ever part with my Ninja.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I keep vehicles until they cost too much to maintain or are destroyed. I get attached and the bonus is no payments..

Gratz on your milestone!

I see you did go and get a younger, slimmer mistress though!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"paid for" is huge :righton:. i never finance "toys".
I wish I didn't have to. But I paid the 650R off in a few months(the sale of the KLR paid more than half). And I financed the 250 for 2 years-not bad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep vehicles until they cost too much to maintain or are destroyed. I get attached and the bonus is no payments..

Gratz on your milestone!

I see you did go and get a younger, slimmer mistress though!
I got the 250 'cause I can run the crap out of it and drastically decrease my chances of getting in trouble with Johnny Law. The 650R can do mostly touring duty now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I had an 04 250 before I bought the 650, and did some multi-day rides of up to 500 miles per day on it. The key to having fun on the 250 is being a small, light rider. It can exceed any speed limit in the country, so I'm not sure how that protects you from Johnny law. The one thing the 250 couldn't do is carry double, and I wanted to tour with my wife aboard, so that is one reason why I bought the 650. But then I still needed seat and suspension mods for two-up touring.

The reason why I have 64,000 miles on my 650 is because I am retired and I don't play golf.........I ride.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It can exceed any speed limit in the country, so I'm not sure how that protects you from Johnny law.
Since it's more fun at lower speeds than the 650, there's less of a desire to go faster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts