RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO saturday night i ride back from the bar at 130. lets get the details straight first off, i had three beers over the span of 3 hours. just a social night with a couple of the guys, no need for hardcore drinking... ANyways i am riding back only person on a straight road going 4500 to 5000 rpms in 2nd gear, when i notice a car pull up next to me, i look over and to my shock its a RI state cop screaming at me, direct quote here, "Pull the F*ck over!" so obvioulsy i immediately pull over on the right side of the road the cop then screeches to a halt and angles his car next to my already parked bike. He then proceeds to run out of his car stand an inch next to me and start angirly yelling at me, again another direct quote, "Move your f***ing bike away from my car!" shocked i said, "what?" HE then got even closer now which i didn't think was possible and then screamed even louder in my ear, "move your f***king bike away from my car!" so obviously i walked the bike a couple feet up the street. got off the bike and then had to deal with this ******* of a cop yelling in my face saying, "you trying to run from me? Cause i will catch you boy and i will make your life a living hell!" Now i am starting to get really pissed off here cause i still have no clue what i did or where this guy even came from. I nleterally had to take this bull crap from this joke of an officer for the whole night, i literally was standing one point in front of the cop car with my back to him for 45 minutes while he fiddled around in his car. He even gave me a sobriety test which i obviously passed. After a whopping 2 hours..2 freaking hours!! he gets in my face once again and gives me a speeding ticket saying i went 42 in a 25. Now i obviously know i was not going 42, and i know i wasnt going 25, but i mean 35 at the max. So now i have to fight this ticket and drive 45 minutes out of my way in november and i have to hope that its not snowing otherwise the bike isn;t going to make it and i am going to get screwed. You know i admit to things when i do something wrong, and i will pay a ticket if i deserve it. But what is up with cops being such ********, i mean what this guy did was completely unneccessary. I didnt once say anything inappropriate. i just answered yes sir no sir respectifully. Well sorry for ranting i mean this has been on my head for awhile now and just felt like i should share this. hope no one else has a run in with cops like this.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
3 beers in 3 hours does NOT make you safe to drive.

If this was real, then you should have asked to speak with your lawyer. Or maybe stay out of those dicey neighborhoods where bad cops are on patrol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
gives me a speeding ticket saying i went 42 in a 25. Now i obviously know i was not going 42, and i know i wasnt going 25, but i mean 35 at the max.
I am not judging your character, your experience was clearly uncalled for.

My 2008 was out 9km/h from the day I got it, my first mod was a v4 Healer. If you can get your hands on a GPS to verify your speedometer it my also help your case.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

My 2008 was out 9km/h from the day I got it, my first mod was a v4 Healer. If you can get your hands on a GPS to verify your speedometer it my also help your case.
Usually the speedometer reports fast so you are actually going slower than it says. That helps keep people out of trouble.

I've read stories around here of cops practically running people off the road, even when they have passengers, for minor traffic infractions because they just assume motorcycles will run. I've even heard of people almost dumping their bikes when cops nearly run them off the road just to yell at them about something some other motorcyclists did because they just assume we all know each other. :wtf:

·
Registered
516 Posts

A GPS will definitely help your case. Many of my friends who does not use a GPS don't know that most GPS have route tracking. What this mean is that I can upload my routes into a map system like Google Earth and it'll show exactly how fast I was travelling per way point (according to the GPS). The GPS lays down one way point almost every 20-30 yards.

I have yet to have a cop pull me over because I normally stay 3-6mph over the posted speed limit on city streets (GPS speedometer). This is just another damn good reason to put a GPS on your bike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
3 beers in 3 hours does NOT make you safe to drive.

If this was real, then you should have asked to speak with your lawyer. Or maybe stay out of those dicey neighborhoods where bad cops are on patrol.
The average person can eliminate 1 beer from their system per hour, so he was good to go. There's no way he was over the legal limit, unless its 0.

·
Banned
679 Posts
What a d-bag, if a cop ever speaks to me like that while I'm moving; I'll be gone so fast he'll be left talking to himself.

·
Banned
679 Posts
You're so cool & tough. You should have your own action figure.
holy ****; just let it go bro, let it go. I deleted you from facebook, it's not the end of the world.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nick, not only did you falsify a good part of that post, but you forgot to mention the part where you threatened to come to my house & push my bike over & beat me up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts